News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of fuel lines for a 440 with a carter avs

Started by Charger69RTSE, March 22, 2012, 10:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger69RTSE

Can someone help me out, I am trying to find some pictures showing what should be installed on the infeed to the fuel pump (I am assuming flex KV line), but more importantly, what should be installed from the fuel pump up to the Carter AVS, this is for a 1969 Dodge Charger with a 440.  Thanks for any help.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Charger69RTSE on March 22, 2012, 10:19:11 AM
Can someone help me out, I am trying to find some pictures showing what should be installed on the infeed to the fuel pump (I am assuming flex KV line), but more importantly, what should be installed from the fuel pump up to the Carter AVS, this is for a 1969 Dodge Charger with a 440.  Thanks for any help.

From the fuel pump there is a metal pre bent line that has more KV hose on the end to the inlet of the vapor separator....from the vapor sep another section of KV hose to the prebent metal line to the carb....

PS...welcome to the site!  :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger69RTSE

First of all, thank you very much for the help, I am trying to restore my car back to the way it was when it came off the assembly line.  I wish I had found this forum a couple of years ago, I have been researching endless hours on the computer for parts and pictures as I am sure everyone on this site has.  The people I have met in this "hobby" have been nothing but phenomenal.  I am trying to collect as many pictures of what is correct for the engine as I want this to be as concours correct as it can be.

Second, just for my understanding, is there an inline fuel filter somewhere else in the fuel system? 

Third, did you mount your ECU behind the carb, I like that idea, did you make something special for that? 

Amazing car by the pictures, can't wait to get mine to that point, and thanks again for the hospitality and welcoming me to the site.  Hopefully in the future I could get some more pictures of your engine compartment.  Have a great night.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks :cheers:  The first pic isnt of my engine though....just a great shot of the vapor separator off another members car (which in fact is the fuel filter as well...not a very good one but it does have a screen in it & thats all the factory used)

Yes I did mount my ECU back there out of way on the intake valley pan rail.  A company was selling the brackets on ebay for a while....still do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-Big-Block-ECU-Bracket-PROBLEM-SOLVER-Dodge-440-70-/330621608505?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cfa956239&vxp=mtr#ht_1875wt_1163

Plenty of pics of engine compartments (including mine) in the gallery on my Registry site

www.1969chargerregistry.com  please register if you havent already

PS---a shot of my engine
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rcprace

FYI, these photos were perfect to help us with our fuel line as well.  Thanks.

Can you tell me where you found the bushing for the carb to connect the fuel line.  I tried Napa, but they didn't have a bushing that worked, and we were going to have to string together a couple to make it work.

Texasdoc

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 22, 2012, 04:31:46 PM
Quote from: Charger69RTSE on March 22, 2012, 10:19:11 AM
Can someone help me out, I am trying to find some pictures showing what should be installed on the infeed to the fuel pump (I am assuming flex KV line), but more importantly, what should be installed from the fuel pump up to the Carter AVS, this is for a 1969 Dodge Charger with a 440.  Thanks for any help.

From the fuel pump there is a metal pre bent line that has more KV hose on the end to the inlet of the vapor separator....from the vapor sep another section of KV hose to the prebent metal line to the carb....

PS...welcome to the site!  :wave:

I realize this is old, but, where did you mount the fuel vapor separator? Does it get in the way of seeing your timing marks?
Thank You
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/members/69chargerr-tse.36841/
Spend the money and do it right the first time, or spend more money and do it over, so it's right.

b5blue

It has a mounting arm that uses one of the fuel pump's bolts. No it's tucked back, you can see timing tab and marks.

Texasdoc

Quote from: b5blue on July 13, 2021, 12:02:25 PM
It has a mounting arm that uses one of the fuel pump's bolts. No it's tucked back, you can see timing tab and marks.
Thank you
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/members/69chargerr-tse.36841/
Spend the money and do it right the first time, or spend more money and do it over, so it's right.