News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trip to SW United States - Mopar Hunt

Started by Shakey, January 27, 2006, 07:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

I have a customer that has a dealer meeting every year in Las Vegas, NV.  I'll spend a few days there early next week and then I will drive South to see my customer in Scottsdale, AZ.  On Saturday I head to Los Angeles, CA and then North to San Francisco, CA on Tuesday.  This will be the fourth year in a row that I will do this trip.  It is a bit difficult being away from my Wife and Child for 11 days but it is nice to be in the warm weather in the dead of winter.

Anyways, my reason for posting this - do any of you folks know of any salvage yards between the major centres mention in my intinerary above? 

I know of a couple out in Central CA that I hit last summer and I was going to call Darryl Finch who has a few acres of Mopars just North of LA.  Anyone know of any others?

I see an advertisement every month in MCG for Desert Valley in Phoenix, AZ http://www.dvap.com/  and planned on seeing them.  I have a day to myself in Las Vegas and have seen everything there is to see there, I'd like to take my rental and head outta town for the day.

I search web sites like Junkyard Dog that lists all of the yards but I find the best ones are the Mom & Pop yards with no computers and only one phone.  These are the type of yards I am looking for as I have had great luck in the past.

Any help would be appreciated.

chargerkid

There's really not that much for yards in the desert.  They have been picked through.  Try heading towards Tucson.  DVAP is very expensive!  If you go there, tell them you are visiting from out of town.  The guy that runs it is Kevin McClure.  He treats out of towners better. If you are interested in something, tell him that you see them at Carlisle.  He'll hook you up.

Try going to the pavilions in Scottsdale for the car show they have.  You'll meet a lot of mopar guys that can point you in the right direction.

Good luck and have a safe trip!

Chargerkid

Pistolpete

Hey Shakey,
If you're going through AZ and looking at junkyards any chance I can get you to check something out for me?

pm me if you get a chance
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Shakey

Quote from: Pistolpete on January 27, 2006, 11:26:14 AM
Hey Shakey,
If you're going through AZ and looking at junkyards any chance I can get you to check something out for me?

pm me if you get a chance

What's Up?

What do you need looked at?

Do you want me to stop by your old girlfriends house and say hi?

Any other messages for her?

73ChargerSE

There's not that much here in Tucson.  There's maybe one good yard, but it's pretty well picked over.  All the cars are chopped up etc.  The place is called Desert Specialties.  The guy is sometimes an a-hole when you talk to him.  Another place is called ACS U-pull.  There's some dusters, 2 3rd gens that I sometimes get my parts from, a 63 or so Belvedere 4-door, and that's about it.  There's really not that much.   

Shakey

Thanks for the feedback fellas.

I will post some pics when I get back.

Chargeraddict

Too bad your not taking a pickup truck and trailer down there.....You get me some stuff and drop it off on your way by.  :icon_smile_approve: 

Jer