News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk weather stripping question

Started by TruckDriver, January 27, 2006, 09:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

When you install new weather stripping around the truck, do I need a sealent too to keep it on, or does it just slide on alone? If I need sealent, what kind is recomended?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

NHCharger

Yup you have to glue it on. I think I used the stuff from 3M, can't remember. DropTop would know what the best product would be.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Drop Top

3M makes the glue. It called Weatherstrip Adhesive It comes in black and yellow. Buy the black.

TruckDriver

Thanks. I just ordered my weather stripping today.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Neal_J

Use the black.  Start at the seam (usually middle bottom, or sometimes slightly left of center) and use a popsicle stick to gently press the weatherstrip into the bead of glue squirted into the channel.  After working your way all the way around,STOP and do NOT glue the last 6".  Instead, let it set overnight.  The next day, cut and glue the final 6".   If you do it all in one shot, you'll typically stretch the weatherstripping.  Then, as the glue then sets, a gap will form where the seam should but tightly together and you're hosed.

Neal

TruckDriver

PETE