News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

not buying a cuda now i am buying a 1980 corvette

Started by cold85, January 27, 2006, 10:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cold85

I was fixing to buy a cuda drag car and this morning i was offered by my local barber a 1980 corvette and i am going to buy it instead of the 1972 cuda. I forgot that joe my barber had this corvette. My father died on jan 2 from cancer and he used to own this corvette he bought it new in 1980 and then 4 years later sold it to joe with 35000 miles on it and joe never drove it much just left it in his barn. I am a mopar man but this car will be very speacial to me. I just wish i could pull in my dads drive way and show it to him. I miss him so much.

RD

you go for it!!! sounds like a great vehicle to buy considering the history.  cars come and go, but history is never changing.  sounds like a great way to help commemorate your father.  love to see pics when you get it.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Blown70

Nothing wrong with owning a car your dad did.  I am sure he will look in on you from the beyond.... I am sure he will have a huge smile on his face... :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_cool:

Tom

4402tuff4u

"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

ramit

My 72 charger is a car my dad had since 1978 and he used to take me for rides when I was little.  Now that I own the car I get to take my son for rides in the same car and he is the same age I was when my dad took me for rides.  It is pretty cool to see the excitement in his eyes when he rides in it.   I think you should go for it and post some pics when you get it.

MGBRingo

Wow, cool find.  That car will mean a lot to you, keep it.   I have my Grandfathers 1960 Chevy that I rode in as a small kid.  It wll stay with me forever too.

Sorry to hear about your dad.  Cherish those memories with him.  A ride in the Vette will always give you comfort.  No one can take those from you.

69pistolgripRT

Restore it as a tribute to your father, I defintely would be excited about it- I'm excited for you.
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

cold85

here is a pic of me and dad at my wedding in june he is behind me with the white beard

Johnny SixPack

That's a great opportunity, and I can see why you'd jump at it!  :yesnod:

I've got the truck my pop taught me to drive in when he moved us back to Alaska in "85 ("85 F-250 6.9L diesel, now with a 7.3L non-turbo diesel), and I can relate to wanting to have that tie to him.

Makes me think of all the times we spent camping in it and also the day I learned that gravel isn't forgiving in a 3/4 ton pickup when you throw in pot holes and frost heaves.  :o :icon_smile_big:

I bet he's got a smile a mile wide knowing what you did out of love for him.  :angel:

Enjoy! :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Telvis

I have a son and I know how great it feels when they take an interest in something you love. I can only imagine how happy your dad would be to see you buy that car. Just the fact that it has extra value to you because your Dad once owned it is enough to make any father proud. I hope my Son has the same feelings about me when he grows up.

69_500

congrats on getting your dads old car back. I'd trade my 500 easily for any car my dad used to own. Well maybe not for any, but I'd trade it for either of the 500's he used to own solely because he owned them and I remember riding in them as a kid.

4402tuff4u

Not to bring any sadness to the topic, but I have to say that it seems like you had a very nice relationship with your father and have good memories. Mine was not as close as I wanted it to be but that's another long story. What you did is awesome and you can pass it on to the next generation. I'm blessed with two lovely daughters and they see how interested I'm with my Charger that I think they will keep it and pass it on.

I can't make boys, I think my hang lo is not long enough to make boys!!!   I love my girls.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

blackcharger

Quote from: cold85 on January 27, 2006, 10:13:17 AM
I was fixing to buy a cuda drag car and this morning i was offered by my local barber a 1980 corvette and i am going to buy it instead of the 1972 cuda. I forgot that joe my barber had this corvette. My father died on jan 2 from cancer and he used to own this corvette he bought it new in 1980 and then 4 years later sold it to joe with 35000 miles on it and joe never drove it much just left it in his barn. I am a mopar man but this car will be very speacial to me. I just wish i could pull in my dads drive way and show it to him. I miss him so much.

I had a smart assed answer all ready untill I read your post. I lost my Mom in October, so I can understand your feelings, and I'd have to agree I'd do the same. Got any pics of your Dad and his car?
Dave

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

wetfeetmi

Congrats on the purchase. My dad had only one decent car that I can remember. He bought a new '65 Mustang convertible. I am sure it is long past away. He sold it when the family got to large and bought a string of woodgrain sided station wagons. I just found this car last fall and bought it. Maybe my subconsiuos memories made me do it!