News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just looked at a 73 Rallye Charger 340 4sd

Started by KMPX2, January 27, 2006, 12:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KMPX2

There was not one honest word that came out of the sellers mouth. Car was beat from one end to the other. Deck lid lined up so bad the car must have been hit hard at some time. Hope no one here bought it. Here is a link to it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-charger-1973-ralley-charger-4-speed-pistol-grip-very-rare_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6199QQitemZ4607766710QQrdZ1

plum500

..man..and from the way that back bumper is (and everything else), looks like it was nailed from slightly side on...driver's side  ???

73rallye440magnum

its too bad some people are like that. Really rare car.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

KMPX2

He states in the auction that it needs a Rad. & left 1/4. He needed to add that the rear valance is in bad shape. Both doors are bent at the top by the fenders. Right rocker panel had a softball size hunk of bondo ready to fall off. Both tail lights are shot. Rust coming thru all over. Left 1/4 is also damaged. Rear bumper had rust coming thru the chrome. No fender tags. No build sheet. Told me he paid well over $100 for the shifter boot /trim ring. Lie paid about $80. Told me he could make the car perfect for $3000 and then it would be worth $30,000 -$40,000. 340 ran like crap ( but that was just because it was cold ). Also stated that it would kick a 440's ass any day of the week. But get this his hole reason he is selling it is so he can go find a 74 440 car ( if you have a 73 that would kick 440 butt why buy a 74 440 ). Just to give you a even better idea of what kind of guy he is. He told me if I wanted the car for the $8000 he sold it on Ebay for & got him the money before the other guy sent him the cash I could have it.

chargerkid

What was he not honest about?  It looks like it does need a lot of wrok from just looking at the pictures.  It seems that someone got a good deal.  Especially if it is a true 73 340 4 speed car rallye..triple black.

chargerkid

Definitely a hard sell without fender tag and build sheet.   Did you ask about the condition etc.?  Did he lie about all those?  What was the condition of the seats?  Did he show those to you?

hemihead

What I saw in the pics , the seats don't look original and it looks like a Challenger or Cuda steering column in it.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

KMPX2

The car was not a triple black car. Car left the factory Black paint black seats & red stripe. Or so he claims no tags or build sheet, no proof. None of the new parts were with the car. Claimed the seats were still out being recovered. No way to even prove it a real rallye car.

KMPX2

One more thing no Tach in a factory 4sd car?

chargerkid

Well...I actually met the owner of the car a few weeks ago.  I didn't think he would sell the car.  He did say he wanted a 73 or 74 SE because his mom had one.  Those 340' can be wicked.  I know his car the way he bench raced would have beaten my 72 rallye 440.    I had a pair of bucket seats with tracks and backs on ebay.  They didn't sell for the $175.00.   They contacted me and asked if I would take $100.00 for it and I said yes since they are local.  I met them and dropped off the seats.  But he told me the car was at the shop getting the floor replaced.  The reason I asked if you saw the seats is because I told him to call Jeff at A1 canvas to get them installed.  I wanted to know if he got them done from him, then again I can call Jeff and ask.

The next week he bought that decklid from me which is very nice.  So I think that is why it doesn't line up well.  He was also going to get a a rechromed bumper from me.  I assumed it was a triple black car since he said it originally had a vinyl top.  Not sure though. 

I have seen the car one weekend.  I never ate at Saigo's and saw the car from the parking lot.  But I am not the person that will snoop around someones car without asking.  I knew about the car.  He had sent me pictures during the fall.  I could see it had traction bars and rust on the passenger side.  It originally had a funky wing on the decklid that he replaced.

I am going to believe it is a rallye.

I had to tell him where to look for the fender tag and the build sheet when he picks the car up. 

Did they do a good job putting the floor pan in?  That was alot of money to put a floor in.

I think they were nice people.  He just doesn't know too much about the car.  I am wondering why the car jumped from $2,000 bid to $4,000 bid to buy it now for $8,000.  Guessing he still has it???

I'll be at the swap meet on Sunday, if you want to talk about it.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

KMPX2

He told me that he wanted to but a top on it but since the car never had one it would hurt the value of the car. When I say the deck lid lined up bad. The right side looked good with a even straight gap. But the left side started out with a gap that was about 1/8 inch near the window but grew to 3/4 on a inch down by the taillights. The car is bent up really bad will need to spend some time on a frame machine to fix the car & that is not cheap to do.