News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Powder Coating

Started by my73charger, January 27, 2006, 02:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

I am thinking about powder coating my rims.  I currently have Centerline Auto Drag rims in satin finish.  I have a friend that is at Wyotech and he will do it for free as a project.  All I need to do is buy the powder.  I want them to be polished and easy to clean.  Any of you guys ever go this route?  I was looking at powder in argent silver (I was told 2 lbs is more than enough for the job) looks to be about what I want.  It would cost under $50 to do it.

Silver R/T

sound like good idea, it will outlast the car
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chryco Psycho

it would work well , or you could clear coat them

Drop Top

They would look much better polished. But thats just my opinion. Around here I could have those polished for $25. a rim.

my73charger

So like polished and clearcoated?  I was thinking about trying that but not sure how to go about it myself.  I guess the main thing is my young friend really wants some projects for school so I told him he could powder coat the rims.

Drop Top

I would find some stock rims to do before ruining those rims. Or have some suspention pieces done. To make powder coat stick to anything it needs to be sand blasted first. Then if you didn't like the out come you would have to reblast them to take the powder coating off. Then you would have a set of sandblasted aluminum rims that you would be lucky to save.