News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71-72 owners with hidden head lights, I need a pic

Started by TruckDriver, January 27, 2006, 10:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I need a pic or two of how the cover motor is mounted please. I believe my car is missing the bracket, but I am not sure how they look as to how the motor is mounted.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

71charger_fan

I'll try and get you a picture later today but the motor mounts so the knob is pointing down and the rod passes from one headlight door, through the motor's transmission, to the the other door. If you stretch a string or wire from one door hinge to the other you'll see exactly where the hole in the gearing needs to line up. I may have an extra set of the brackets around here. I hate to part with them but, if you're in a jam I might.

NHCharger

I just took a boat load pics when I took my 71 apart for paint.
The first pic is from the passenger side.
Second pic from the driver's side.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

If you need any more let me know. The front grille/bumper assembly is still laying on the floor of my shop.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

So, I guess the straight bracket that I have then is right. I wasn't sure if I was missing a part. I need the mounting bolts though. Thanks for the pics.  :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bohog

I've got a few of the mounting bolts laying around if you want them.