News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how much boost can a stock 360 take?

Started by Lightning, January 28, 2006, 01:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning

well, I'm putting a 360 in my Chrysler sometime this year but I'm definately wanting more torque so I can make the LeBaron go a little quicker, so my question is: how much can a 360 take before it unintentionally decides to port itself a new hole in the block?
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Chryco Psycho

detonation wil be the killer , if you keep the boost down to prevent detonation or run Av Gas or race fuel to eliminate detonation you should be able to run a fair amnount of boost , too many varibles to give you an exact number ofr a failure point 

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

deathcharger71

maybe im wrong, but it seems to me if you run boost or nitrous it would be best to use a tall single plane manfiold...just to help each cylinder get the same amount of fuel/air? im just throwin this out there, dont listen to me unless someone who knows what there talkin about agrees with me lol

Lightning

well, I was thinking of doing a junkyard-style twin-turbo project, like what Kryptonite was gonna do.
I was gonna get the turbos from a pair of Eagle Talons/Eclipses/ Convertible LeBarons (I can find more LeBarons than anything in the yards around here)  As for the manifolds I was gonna use, there's a 2x4 manifold that Edelbrock or Holley makes for the 360.

It's either turbos or a supercharger.  I just want to kick some import butt at the drift events/practices later on this year.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

deathcharger71

if you could fit the turbos under the stock hood that would make a great sleeper...but having a blower sticking out of the hood is hard to beat  :icon_smile_cool: and from what ive been told running a carburetor/turbo set up is a royal pain in the ass...but if you love figiting with your car more then driving it that would be ok....i know ive been figiting way more then ive been driving and i dont like it at all  :icon_smile_angry: its my only ride...