News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint or dye the console?

Started by chargermick, January 28, 2006, 04:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargermick

I have the interior out and I'm going to try dying it from the original green to black. Today I disassembled the console and I don't know if I wouldn't better off to paint the console or dye it. Anybody have any experience with this?

AirborneSilva

I don't have any experience in doing it myself but I had changed out a sun visor in a vett I had, they only came in black so the shop had to paint it buck skin for me, you couldn't tell the difference from the original - so, to sum it up I would paint it  :yesnod:

jaak

I scrubbed my console with a 3m scotch brite pad and thinner to clean it and remove a previous dye attemp, got it good and clean and then sprayed it with Krylon Fusion (made for plastics) and it looks great , I'll try to get some pics soon, I haven't taken any of the console since I restored it.

Good Luck,
Jason

Drop Top

You can do it eather way. Just be sure to use some kind of an adhision promoter before tring to spray your console or any interior pieces for that mater. All your paint manufactorers make it.