News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to buy a new horn?

Started by TXcharger70, April 17, 2012, 03:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXcharger70

I was wondering where some of you have purchased new horns from? I had bought one from oreilly's and it was horrible. The sound was awful when I tested it out, any suggestions?

68neverlate

I like the originals... I'd be heading down to the nearest wrecker.   :yesnod:

resq302

newer cars horns sound too tinny.  The older horns actually sounded like a trumpet.  Could be due to the design now a days too!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TXcharger70

I agree they are weak. I just need to find replacements cause when I purchased the charger it only had one and it doesn't work. Just wondering if anybody has had any luck with any new ones

myk

Wow I remember 10 some odd years ago you could just order one out of the Year One catalog.  Are parts getting more difficult to find?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

TXcharger70

I did find some on year one but 71.00 a pop. I figured that there would be some other out there for little cheaper

TXcharger70

Well I had originally purchased the wolo and returned it because it did not sound right , sounded weak. maybe I need to give one another try