News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheels of Terror 73 Build!!!!

Started by Indygenerallee, April 27, 2012, 06:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

Looking good.  Great idea getting the kids involved.  :2thumbs:

TK73

Gonna be all aerodynamical and sheet...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

BIGBLCK11

Quote from: Indygenerallee on April 28, 2012, 09:52:21 PM
Thanks guy's! I know the film was attrocious but I like the Charger! I watched the film when it came out in 90 I think it was on the USA channel and it was real late at night, they had some big boobed big hair blonde chick hosting cheesy B movies on Friday nights!

LOL, I watched that same show every Friday.  I remember her too.  "Up All Night with Rhonda Shear" on USA Network.  Too funny!
I guess a later, non-scary ripoff of Elvira.

Indygenerallee

:lol: Yes thanks for the flashback!! That was her alright!! I wish they still played cheesy B movies on TV like they did back then! I have had a hankering to watch the "Phantasm" it seems like it's been forever since I watched it!!! (Gotta love the black 71 Cuda!!) I like the older horror movies!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Fred

yeah, "Phantasm". Haven't watched it in ages. Time to dust it off for another look.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

earnie

Quote from: RallyeMike on April 27, 2012, 08:33:24 PM
Yea! This is what  it's all about. Having some fun.

The hood might be tricky.
section in a front part of a 1970 coronet hood to fill the gap=good to go
so far i am liking this project

jaak

Quote from: BIGBLCK11 on April 28, 2012, 05:39:53 PM
:2thumbs: Cool project!  It is coming along nicely.  The bumper is mean looking, reminds me a lot of a 70 Coronet.  I also scanned "quickly" through the movie on Youtube.  Definitely not the greatest of flicks.  The mud actually has a cool design of sorts.  There are not a ton of pics for this thing and the youtube video is low-res.

I think it would look cool if after it is painted flat black, if you mixed up some reduced browns/tans and misted on some fake mud and dust.

Cool project, keep up the good work.
Jason

Indygenerallee

Jaak, I was planning on doing exactly that!!  :2thumbs:

RallyeMike

I think it would look cool if after it is painted flat black, if you mixed up some reduced browns/tans and misted on some fake mud and dust.

Yup. Look forward to seeing the result. What a fun project!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

jaak

Quote from: Indygenerallee on April 29, 2012, 09:02:06 AM
Jaak, I was planning on doing exactly that!!  :2thumbs:

Awesome! Do you have a time frame on when you're gonna paint it?

Jason

Indygenerallee

Im gonna try to get it painted next weekend!

Indygenerallee

Got a little more finished on "The Terror" this evening, painted the inside of the valance panel black (had a hideous neon green color!) and bolted it to the car (only 2 bolts gotta round up more!!) Scraped the million stickers off the back glass! Also I had noticed the Charger in the movie had some of those generic black mirrors on the car and I thought I had a set I had found in another car a few years back!! The one time in my life it paid off actually saving something!! :lol: So i drilled the holes and bolted them on Im not even gonna bother painting them! They have a nice "patina"  :smilielol: Also bolted the bumper on, need to pick up a gallon of filler tomorrow and give her a once over, I am shaving the sidemarker lights to (they were all crap) and the movie car looks like it does not have them on it so its easier to shave em' rounded up a couple more parts, I still need a driver side door glass and I am looking for a set of plain black steel wheels, The steel wheels I have on the front have the wrong center hub (smaller) and wont bolt on. Here are a couple pics!

100_1224 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
100_1225 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr

aussiemuscle

Nice, way to go, Indy.
This is an interesting project and it'll be fun to see if anyone dives out of your way as you roar through town.  :hah:

you might want to get some brown vinyl paint and spray on the 'dirt' to keep it permanently 'dirty' (even mix in some real dust?)

Kern Dog

Am I the only one here that thinks that the front end design looks similar to the BACK end of a 59 Impala??

Indygenerallee

:lol: It does have those same lines doesn't it!!  :lol:

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Aero426

I had never heard of the movie.  I'll bet I'm not the only one. 

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indygenerallee

Aero426, Your right most people will say "what movie??"  :lol: That 70 looks badass Stuart!!!

moparstuart

Quote from: Indygenerallee on April 30, 2012, 01:27:14 PM
Aero426, Your right most people will say "what movie??"  :lol: That 70 looks badass Stuart!!!
this one is truely evil you need lights like this
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indygenerallee

Dino

Quote from: moparstuart on April 30, 2012, 01:49:32 PM
this one is truely evil you need lights like this

I want it...the car, not the lights.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mike DC

It's amazing to me that the moviemakers didn't just use a '70 Coronet in the first place.  It certainly wouldn't have cost any more than a stock '73-74 Charger in 1989.  But the rest of the car looks better on the Charger IMHO.

hatersaurusrex

Hahaha awesome, I just realized that when I watched that movie as a kid, I had no idea it was a modified bumper/grille.   I thought Dodge had produced these from the factory.   It always looked a bit like a '70 Coronet, only angrier.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

greenpigs

I own it on DVD, got it a Wally world if I remember right.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free