News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

welding rear end

Started by jhowell34, April 28, 2012, 10:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhowell34

anyone ever try welding their gears together since its an open diff? alot of my buddies have welded diffs until they could offered a good lsd setup for their cars and i was wondering is it possible to do the same in a old school muscle car

Kern Dog

Sure it is possible. Let me know where you live and what you drive so I can stay the heck OUT of your way!
This is one of the most trailer trash, hillbilly, dirtbag way to get twin-spin. If you ever drive one of these on the street, you'll know what I mean. The tail end will want to skip around every right turn, every U turn too. Forget turning in the rain or snow. Once you begin an arc in low traction situations, the car will begin to slide and god help anyone that is nearby. Bad Idea UNLESS........
YOU are planning on doing off road driving exclusively. In this case, as long as the welds hold together, it can be fun.