News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LIFE LOCK id. protection ???

Started by Highbanked Hauler, May 07, 2012, 08:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

I just got a flier from them and for $140. a year you get ID. theft protection. Anybody have it or thoughts on it ????? :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

nvrbdn

i would like to check it out. i think they will go in and straighten out anything you may question too. if they do i wanna know, cuz i found out i have stuff from the ex on my report. so if they will also clean that out im interested. this one place that called me wanted like  25.00 a month for the service.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

greasyspider

I read somewhere that the CEO of life lock went around plastering his SS# on billboards to prove how good it was.  He subsequently had his identity stolen, true story.
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

skip68

The truth is NOBODY can prevent identity theft (especially from Nigerians) but they can catch it quicker.   Hackers will always find new methods and joining these types of so called identity protection (money makers) is just one more establishment that has all your information.   Less is more!   Just like these free credit check sites, there's something in it somewhere for somebody.  People need to be more responsible and keep their personal information just what it is, PERSONAL.  Just my 2 pennies worth.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

twodko

Quote from: skip68 on May 08, 2012, 09:32:59 AM
The truth is NOBODY can prevent identity theft (especially from Nigerians) but they can catch it quicker.   Hackers will always find new methods and joining these types of so called identity protection (money makers) is just one more establishment that has all your information.   Less is more!   Just like these free credit check sites, there's something in it somewhere for somebody.  People need to be more responsible and keep their personal information just what it is, PERSONAL.  Just my 2 pennies worth.  

A big X2!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

AKcharger

Actually, if you place a fraud alert on your credit account your doing the exact same thing as these guys...it locks your credit from new applications till one of the creditors calls you personally to confirm. Just remember to update it every 90 days. It's free and all automated if you THINK you may be the victim of ID theft. I know I ALWAYS fear that my identity has been comprimised every 90 days. Call to one of the "big 3" is enough, they all share the alert. ...oh, you get a free (non-scored) credit report too. You can use web site or phone, I find phone is easier

TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289; www.transunion.com; Fraud Victim Assistance Division, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790

Equifax: 1-800-525-6285; www.equifax.com; P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241

Experian: 1-888-EXPERIAN (397-3742); www.experian.com; P.O. Box 9554, Allen, TX 75013

And from the federal trade commision:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/consumers/defend.html#Whatisafraudalert

skip68

Just got done looking into life lock.   Wow!  What a scam.  That idiot putting his social security number on TV ended up with (and I quote) a slew of accounts opened in his name.   :smilielol:  Like I said before, NOBODY CAN PREVENT IDENTITY THEFT.  
SCAM SCAM SCAM.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

AKcharger

I think we should have some kind of unique, world-wide Identity number perminatly afixed to your right hand or forehead and you couldn't do ANY kind of transation without your personal involvment...that would solve all these ID theft problems!  :2thumbs:

Highbanked Hauler

Along the same line I have heard that European credit cards have a much more secure system than the USA.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

mauve66

Quote from: AKcharger on May 08, 2012, 01:33:47 PM
I think we should have some kind of unique, world-wide Identity number perminatly afixed to your right hand or forehead and you couldn't do ANY kind of transation without your personal involvment...that would solve all these ID theft problems!  :2thumbs:

so your saying that there is NO WAY someone anywhere in the world that can have the same number on their head as you do????
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

1970Moparmann

I hear what you guys are saying, but, I know people that have it and it works for them.  I never had an in dept conversation about it, but I have talked in general terms.   One guy told me that he got an alert when his wife was "trying" to get financing for a car he didn't know about. 

I put on about $3 - 5k a month on my credit card due to work and I have been scammed twice now.  BUT, Chase saw what happened and cleared it up off my charges ASAP.  Due to how proactive Chase is, I will never change.  :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Chase is a royal pain in the ass to deal with. Although in saying that they are probably one of the most secure banks.

A383Wing

Quote from: 440 on May 08, 2012, 09:20:17 PM
Chase is a royal pain in the ass to deal with. Although in saying that they are probably one of the most secure banks.

yea...no shit....the customer service is terrible

Bryan

1970Moparmann

Never had a problem.  Been using them for 15 years with work.  Maybe I've been lucky with customer service... :shruggy:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

AKcharger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 08, 2012, 08:58:04 PM
One guy told me that he got an alert when his wife was "trying" to get financing for a car he didn't know about. 

Yup...free fraud alert does the same thing. With life lockĀ® you're just paying for them to call it in every 90 days instead of you doing it yourself

Tilar

Quote from: AKcharger on May 09, 2012, 02:08:07 AM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on May 08, 2012, 08:58:04 PM
One guy told me that he got an alert when his wife was "trying" to get financing for a car he didn't know about. 

Yup...free fraud alert does the same thing. With life lockĀ® you're just paying for them to call it in every 90 days instead of you doing it yourself

:iagree:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

myk

What about the other companies like....I can't think of them right now.  But I will say it's a tempting idea.  Personally, I just got out of debt last year and I'd hate to get thrown down the cliff by some POS of a human being, stealing my identity...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"