News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ordering carpet set

Started by roger440, May 08, 2012, 03:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roger440

Now, i did try to order flat carpet from ECS, but tey didn't want to sell it to me.............

So, where should i be buying from? Im guessing that whatever i do, i'll be getting it delivered rolled up?

And are there actually different makes, or are they all coming from the same place. Just ordered everthing else i needed from legendary, but not the carpet. Was hoping the ECS stuff would come through, but it seems not.

Any suugestions and info welcomed.

Wont be long now before things are up and running - but need some carpet!
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

AirborneSilva

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Dino

What do you mean they wouldn't sell it to you?  How'd you get em mad?   :icon_smile_big:

Carpet from most of these places are made by ACC.  ECS simply buys them in bulk and has them shipped in a container so they can charge others double the price to have it shipped in a flat box.

Nothing wrong with carpet in a tube, just throw it out in the sun for a while.

If this is for the 69...

Rockauto has them for $131.79 or $173.79 with extra padding.

Auto console carpet is $24.79
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

roger440

Quote from: AirborneSilva on May 21, 2012, 12:13:23 PM
:popcrn:

Dont get too excited, theres no story here. It seemed an odd approach to customers,  but there you go............

Since then, ive ordered it from legendary.

I guess it will come in a tube :(

Sadly leaving i the sun is hard - im in the UK after all.
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1961 Standard Atlas
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

Dino

Quote from: roger440 on May 21, 2012, 03:06:45 PM

Dont get too excited, theres no story here. It seemed an odd approach to customers,  but there you go............

Hey I've seen the sun in the UK!  Ok, it wasn't giving off much heat I'll give you that, but it was there!

A hair dryer will work as well, just more tedious.  Or if you're car runs just fire up the engine for half an hour and put the carpet on the hood!   :icon_smile_big:

roger440

Quote from: Dino on May 21, 2012, 03:09:45 PM

Hey I've seen the sun in the UK!  Ok, it wasn't giving off much heat I'll give you that, but it was there!

A hair dryer will work as well, just more tedious.  Or if you're car runs just fire up the engine for half an hour and put the carpet on the hood!   :icon_smile_big:

Sadly it doesn't run yet either :(
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1961 Standard Atlas
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

AirborneSilva

Sadly leaving i the sun is hard - im in the UK

after all.

Not looking for a story, just a good recomendation for carpeting is all

y3chargerrt

Year One is having a carpet sale for $119.99. The online code is carpet2.

charger_fan_4ever

nygiantgal

Quote from: y3chargerrt on May 23, 2012, 05:37:42 AM
Year One is having a carpet sale for $119.99. The online code is carpet2.

Thanks for the heads up on that... a sale is just the excuse I needed to order the carpet now instead of later.  Very much appreciated!!

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Dino on May 21, 2012, 02:06:57 PM
What do you mean they wouldn't sell it to you?  How'd you get em mad?   :icon_smile_big:

Carpet from most of these places are made by ACC.  ECS simply buys them in bulk and has them shipped in a container so they can charge others double the price to have it shipped in a flat box.

Not true - ECS carpet has many improvements over the normal carpets out there.....It is True that ACC has incorporated some of these improvements since. I have installed over a dozen carpets over the years - ACC and ECS. I can tell you that the ECS is great out of the box every time with zero issues. Do a search on here on how many members have wrestled with Non-ECS brands.

Dino

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 05, 2012, 06:41:20 PM

Not true - ECS carpet has many improvements over the normal carpets out there.....It is True that ACC has incorporated some of these improvements since. I have installed over a dozen carpets over the years - ACC and ECS. I can tell you that the ECS is great out of the box every time with zero issues. Do a search on here on how many members have wrestled with Non-ECS brands.

Yeah I've seen plenty complaints on different carpets but was under the impression that ECS got the carpet from ACC.  Thanks for the clarification.  Do you feel the extra cost is justified or is the ACC carpet a good fit with the improvements.  For 2nd gens that is.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Dino on June 05, 2012, 06:49:52 PM

Yeah I've seen plenty complaints on different carpets but was under the impression that ECS got the carpet from ACC.  Thanks for the clarification.  Do you feel the extra cost is justified or is the ACC carpet a good fit with the improvements.  For 2nd gens that is.

And 3rd gens, how's the fitment?

maxwellwedge

Yes - I believe ECS gets it from ACC but made to ECS specs for things like proper heel pad placement and extra side material - etc. To be honest, it has been over a year since I tried installing ACC carpet...it may be ok now.....not sure

Dino

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 05, 2012, 07:22:00 PM

Yes - I believe ECS gets it from ACC but made to ECS specs for things like proper heel pad placement and extra side material - etc. To be honest, it has been over a year since I tried installing ACC carpet...it may be ok now.....not sure

Very interesting!  If ECS makes improvements than it's a whole other story.  I'd pay extra if it's truly better.  I'll try to give them a call this week and find out.

Thanks!

roger440

Quote from: Dino on June 05, 2012, 07:30:31 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 05, 2012, 07:22:00 PM

Very interesting!  If ECS makes improvements than it's a whole other story.  I'd pay extra if it's truly better.  I'll try to give them a call this week and find out.

Thanks!

Let us know how you go. I gave up and got it from Legenday with some other stuff.
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1961 Standard Atlas
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester