News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heat always coming in from engine bay

Started by Wilsoner, May 11, 2012, 11:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilsoner

Hey guys it's getting close to summer time and I was wondering what I could do to stop the
heat from blowing into the car even when it's off, loop the air supply and return??

Thanks

Dino

Quote from: Wilsoner on May 11, 2012, 11:04:30 AM
Hey guys it's getting close to summer time and I was wondering what I could do to stop the
heat from blowing into the car even when it's off, loop the air supply and return??

Thanks

What year is it?  My 69 did the same, heater valve is stuck on open and the faster you drive, the harder it blows in hot air.  I disconnected the hoses at the waterpump and looped it back onto itself.  No more heat.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Wilsoner

twodko

I've got just the opposite. After I restored/reinstalled the non AC heater box in my 69' I've got outside air blowing in on the passenger side. Door and window seals are good.  I did reach up in the outlet vent and made sure the plenum seal wasn't folded over and I felt OK. Everything else seems to function normally?  :shruggy:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!