News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can you block certain members so their posts don't show up?

Started by Dino, May 16, 2012, 10:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Dino

Hmm maybe we had that feature on the old board or maybe I'm hallucinating!

Oh well, I'll just have to watch where I click.   :icon_smile_big:

404NOTFOUND

Wouldn't that make it difficult for those members to post? :shruggy:
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

Dino

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on May 16, 2012, 11:26:32 AM
Wouldn't that make it difficult for those members to post? :shruggy:

No, the blocked member would not see any change and he or she can post as they can now.  The member who wants to block another, that would be me, would not be able to see that post.

I have seen it on other websites and when the blocked member posts a reply it is blank on my screen, but I don't know what would happen if that member starts a thread, would the entire thing be invisible to me or just the inital post?  That's why I was curious.  I don't have anyone blocked on any site so I'll have to find a victim and experiment.   :D

nvrbdn

ha ha thats a good one. i guess you will just have to not read it when you see a post by a certain individual. but as far as a thread, you could end up missing out on something you want info on. :shruggy: then again, if you cant stand to see what someone is saying, i guess you cant miss what you dont see. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Troy

You can block PMs but not posts/threads. It would be nice.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dino

Quote from: nvrbdn on May 16, 2012, 12:15:40 PM
ha ha thats a good one. i guess you will just have to not read it when you see a post by a certain individual. but as far as a thread, you could end up missing out on something you want info on. :shruggy: then again, if you cant stand to see what someone is saying, i guess you cant miss what you dont see. :smilielol:

I thought about missing a thread I may be insterested in, but I'd rather let it go then raise my blood pressure so it would be worth it!

Quote from: Troy on May 16, 2012, 12:20:32 PM
You can block PMs but not posts/threads. It would be nice.

Troy

Yes it would be but that's okay, I'll just have to watch where I click from now on.

hatersaurusrex

I believe this is called the 'Don't click on that' proviso, and has been around since the early days of the interwebs.  :)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

A383Wing

Quote from: Dino on May 17, 2012, 10:47:48 AM

I thought about missing a thread I may be insterested in, but I'd rather let it go then raise my blood pressure so it would be worth it!

there are meds for that condition

Bryan