News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spotted - White Superbird in NY from PA - anyone's here?

Started by WINGIN IT, May 19, 2012, 06:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGIN IT

Driving up to my house a friend tells me he spotted a white Superbird at a mom and pop body shop.
Told him on his way home to snap some pics if it was still there.

It's a bench seat 4 speed, EW1, Magnum 500s with redline tires, with historic PA plates.
Looks real nice. Unsure of the motor.  He asked the guy workin' there about it but he was busy, he did say it wasn't for sale though, dagnabit !!  :flame:

May take a ride over there today if it's still there to check it out. Not too many winged warriors in my area.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WINGIN IT

Still parked outside , shop is closed  :o

It's a U code car, looks like quarters were replaced, I think it has 3" exhaust, clean though.
Car is undercoated. Undercarriage components don't look like they have been restored .
Probably repainted, but door gaps aren't perfect , so I'm guessing they were  factory hung and not removed during a resto  :lol:
Overall pretty nice, would like to hear it run.

hotrod98

I feel stupid.  I thought it was a spotted white Superbird.  Kinda disappointed really.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 19, 2012, 01:04:19 PM
I feel stupid.  I thought it was a spotted white Superbird.  Kinda disappointed really.  ;D

Well we can't have that now can we Larry?  ;D

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Fred

I'm going to see the optometrist on Monday..................I'm seeing sopts!! :coolgleamA:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Fred on May 20, 2012, 02:12:16 AM
I'm going to see the optometrist on Monday..................I'm seeing sopts!! :coolgleamA:

And I'm sure the doctor will completely understand you when you tell him you're seeing "sopts"  :smilielol:

pettybird

lysdexia?

car looks familiar with the redlines...not many of those cruising around

cdr

Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 19, 2012, 10:15:36 AM
Still parked outside , shop is closed  :o

It's a U code car, looks like quarters were replaced, I think it has 3" exhaust, clean though.
Car is undercoated. Undercarriage components don't look like they have been restored .
Probably repainted, but door gaps aren't perfect , so I'm guessing they were  factory hung and not removed during a resto  :lol:
Overall pretty nice, would like to hear it run.

WOW they left it outside :slap:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

WINGIN IT

Quote from: pettybird on May 20, 2012, 08:46:56 AM
lysdexia?

car looks familiar with the redlines...not many of those cruising around

Yeah, I thought it looked familiar too. I like the look.

And yes it is still sitting outside...  :o
Keys aren't in it unfortunately ... :D

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

WINGIN IT

I didn't take pics of the VIN to verify, but guessing it is.
Not many clones get painted white.

Buddy told me it's now gone, so either someone picked it up when the shop was closed over the weekend   :yesnod: :rotz:,or it was stolen ...

GOTWING

redlines actually look cool with the white paint. :2thumbs:

Old Moparz

Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 19, 2012, 06:50:50 AM
Driving up to my house a friend tells me he spotted a white Superbird at a mom and pop body shop.
Told him on his way home to snap some pics if it was still there.

It's a bench seat 4 speed, EW1, Magnum 500s with redline tires, with historic PA plates.
Looks real nice. Unsure of the motor.  He asked the guy workin' there about it but he was busy, he did say it wasn't for sale though, dagnabit !!  :flame:

May take a ride over there today if it's still there to check it out. Not too many winged warriors in my area.

I bet that's my friend Craig's car, he's got PA historic plates, but due to his living arrangements he lives in the Hudson Valley area of NY.   :Twocents:

If it is the same car, it is an original bird that he's owned since the late 70's. It doesn't have the original motor, he told me it was a '72 & was replaced before he got it. That was the same car I put into the guide rail on I-84 when the brakes failed.   ::)  Both quarters were damaged, one from the guide rail & one from a Honda, & were replaced a couple of years ago since they were loaded with bondo from an older repair. The interior was redone, the vinyl top replaced, new exhaust & the aluminum slots replaced with Magnums.

He owns another one that he bought in 1973 that needs a resto. It's a lime 440-6, Dana, pistol grip, bench seat car that does have it's original drive train. The nose on the lime one was a repro made in the 70's & put on after colliding with a deer back then. He also said the hood was damaged & the replacement that's on it in the pic came from Petty Enterprises. You can see that the nose a bit strange.  

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

WINGIN IT

Hey Bob, I remember you telling me about your friend having 2 birds, but only remember the green one.
Quarters were replaced on this one, probably the same car.
I have a pic with the plate number if you know it, didn't want to post it though.
Was going to leave a card with the shop owner to see if he wanted to sell it, but they weren't open when I went b y and didn't want to leave it on the car ( wouldn't want anyone touching my car, so I won't do the same).

Fred

Quote from: WINGIN IT on May 20, 2012, 07:11:53 AM
Quote from: Fred on May 20, 2012, 02:12:16 AM

And I'm sure the doctor will completely understand you when you tell him you're seeing "sopts"  :smilielol:

Went to the optometrist today. He told me it was ok to see sopts.............as long as I don't start talking to them I've got nothing to worry about.   :image_294343:

Quote from: pettybird on May 20, 2012, 08:46:56 AM
lysdexia?

Bumped into her yesterday and she's doing just fine.................. :icon_smile_approve:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

WINGIN IT