News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Windshields the same in a charger as in a satellite??

Started by javakmcharger68, January 30, 2006, 09:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javakmcharger68

Wondering if a 1969 satellite windshield will fit in a 1968 charger? Thanks

8WHEELER

Yes, Charger, Coronet, Roadrunner and Satellite, evan station wagons are the same.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

javakmcharger68

Thanks 8Wheeler. Second question, what is the best way to take a windshield out of the satellite in the middle of nowhere? All there is holding the window in now is the rubber. Is there a way to get the windshield out without damaging the rubber or does the rubber usually get replaced every time the window is replaced? For the price of the rubber I assume there must be a way to get the windshield out of a car without damaging it. The windshield is all I'm really worried about, but I have been wondering if there is a way to get the windshield out without damaging rubber for future reference. Big hello to all

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Troy

Quote from: javakmcharger68 on January 31, 2006, 04:11:53 PM
Thanks 8Wheeler. Second question, what is the best way to take a windshield out of the satellite in the middle of nowhere? All there is holding the window in now is the rubber. Is there a way to get the windshield out without damaging the rubber or does the rubber usually get replaced every time the window is replaced? For the price of the rubber I assume there must be a way to get the windshield out of a car without damaging it. The windshield is all I'm really worried about, but I have been wondering if there is a way to get the windshield out without damaging rubber for future reference. Big hello to all
Honestly, it's such a pain if it leaks that I just plan on replacing the rubber seal. I cut the rubber with a razor blade at the same level as the glass. Then, I trim the edges while gently applying pressure from inside to break the sealant around the edge. After that, it lifts right out but won't fall down inside the car because there should be rubber cushioning the back edge.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

8WHEELER

The first windshield I had replaced by a PROFESSIONAL tore the rubber gasket on the top side near both ends.
That was 24yrs ago, and the car is older and the gasket most likely in worse shape now. Now if I know I am
replacing a windshield I have a new gasket right there ready to use, some of these guys actually like to use
the originals if they take it out correctly and with care, and they inspect it after its out and they like the way it
looks. They have said to me the repo gaskets can be to tight and rip, but like I said I would have a new one
ready to use.

Dan

WINGMAN

The correct interchange is 68, 69, 70 b-body two door hardtop, not four doors, wagons, or convertibles, and not two door post cars, you can buy them new from co/s like safelight, :icon_smile_cool:  JR.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

8WHEELER

javakmcharger68

Thanks for all the replies. I just hope it does not break coming out or I'm going to be pissed. Thanks

jerry

68-70 charger uses the same windshield as the cor rt super bee and the plymouth belvedere, road runner and gtx. also the 68-70 2 dr post car is the same.the 4-dr and station wagon will not work unless you cut and raise the top 1".

jaak

Quote from: Troy on January 31, 2006, 10:41:55 PM
Honestly, it's such a pain if it leaks that I just plan on replacing the rubber seal. I cut the rubber with a razor blade at the same level as the glass. Then, I trim the edges while gently applying pressure from inside to break the sealant around the edge. After that, it lifts right out but won't fall down inside the car because there should be rubber cushioning the back edge.

Troy

:iagree: Thats how I removed mine, A gasket is cheeper than a windshield, and more times than not need replacing