News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started my new Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Replica

Started by 404NOTFOUND, May 21, 2012, 08:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

awwwwwww nooooooooooo  :icon_smile_blackeye: :'(   sorry to see this  , crikey , glad no one was hurt ,  you going to get it repaired ?
do the doors open & close ok ?  has the engine hit the fire wall ?
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger_fan_4ever

She is your car who cares what others think :) DMCL clone would be awesome. Partially the reason i'm going top banana with my 70 r/t.

Back to the fixing thing. The good thing is you know what you have already, and the front end can be fixed easily. If you have to start from scratch with another car who knows what little gremlins are hiding.

I would get some yellow paint and a pallet of AMD parts and not look back  :drive:
Wait a minute i have already bought 2 pallets of amd parts lol.

nvrbdn

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on May 22, 2012, 09:40:02 AM
I don't think there is any frame damage. It looks very repairable to me now that I know you can buy inner fenders and cowls. I was leaning towards hoping they write it off but now, I'm starting to hope they save it. I want to see if there is an opportunity to do a colour change. You will notice I gave this thread a DMCL title because the damage looks so much like the car in that movie. Fact is, I think I would like to paint it citron yella and make it into a DMCL replica as that is my favourite movie of all time. I bet many here would say leave it red as it is such a beauty but let's face it, the car is a non matching clone that has now taken a big hit. Perfect candidate for a movie tribute car. My favourite colour is hemi orange but, I get enough DOH comments as it is. All opinions are welcome. Thanks.

i for one love the idea. its yours and there arent really that many out there. i was really wanting to do one also, but didnt find a 69 when i was searching. found the 70. even thought about painting it that way anyway untill i found the color i used. i say go for it. bring her back as the DMCL. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tan top

Quote from: nvrbdn on May 22, 2012, 10:20:11 AM
Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on May 22, 2012, 09:40:02 AM
I don't think there is any frame damage. It looks very repairable to me now that I know you can buy inner fenders and cowls. I was leaning towards hoping they write it off but now, I'm starting to hope they save it. I want to see if there is an opportunity to do a colour change. You will notice I gave this thread a DMCL title because the damage looks so much like the car in that movie. Fact is, I think I would like to paint it citron yella and make it into a DMCL replica as that is my favourite movie of all time. I bet many here would say leave it red as it is such a beauty but let's face it, the car is a non matching clone that has now taken a big hit. Perfect candidate for a movie tribute car. My favourite colour is hemi orange but, I get enough DOH comments as it is. All opinions are welcome. Thanks.

i for one love the idea. its yours and there arent really that many out there. i was really wanting to do one also, but didnt find a 69 when i was searching. found the 70. even thought about painting it that way anyway untill i found the color i used. i say go for it. bring her back as the DMCL. :2thumbs:

got to be DMCL :yesnod: :yesnod: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dino

Nothing wrong with hemi orange, you'll get the doh remarks regardless, that's not going to change.

I'm restoring 68 grilles at this moment for Troy, the site's owner, so if you need one please contact him.  Where in Ontario are you?  I'm in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  I am pretty much only doing the plastic but since you need everything else I'm sure we can come up with something.  I have frames, headlights, wiring, the works.

They will be restored to be as new, I don't take short cuts.  Heck you can even pick the type of black and grey/silver!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Cooter

The really sad part? That SUV will be back in the road in a couple months. like it never happened. That Charger will take a minimum of about 1 year to be in primer done correctly, and all parts located.

This is why I can't see these cars in the road as daily drivers. Now, turn in that claim, and get to ordering replacment parts.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

Quote from: Cooter on May 22, 2012, 11:29:45 AM
The really sad part? That SUV will be back in the road in a couple months. like it never happened. That Charger will take a minimum of about 1 year to be in primer done correctly, and all parts located.

This is why I can't see these cars in the road as daily drivers. Now, turn in that claim, and get to ordering replacment parts.

That suv will be back on the road next week.  When all the parts are lined up, the Charger will be right behind it, but it's not as easy as a modern car no.

Depending on the driving conditions it may or may not be a good daily.  Safety or lack thereof is my main concern with these cars.  My drive to work is about 20 minutes and I don't see why I can't use it as a daily all the time but it's not ideal no, not unless you modernise it a bit.

404NOTFOUND

Glad to hear there is so much support for the DMCL car. I think I'll do it. It will be fun at the shows to park beside the guy with the near perfect GL car. Charger_fan, you make an excellent point. If I get another car, there could be many little gremlins hiding. If I keep this one, I will still know 90% of it. Tan top, you asked if the doors open. I think they do but, the fenders are overlapping just a touch so, I don't want to force them. I had to climb out on the highway DOH style. It was easier than I thought and fun too. I have talked to the insurance. They sound totally helpful so far. I've always had perfect experiences with insurance companies believe it or not. I will keep you all posted.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

Blown68Coronet

Seen this type of collision lots during my time as a collision investigator in the military. Judgeing from that a-pillar on the Hyundai that could have put you in her blind spot if she didn't pay attention, also everyones judgement on approaching traffic is different, hence getting cut off or worse as in your case. Looks like she was leaving a flower shop and wasn't paying attention enough to her main task..... driving. I feel for ya and hopefully your ins coy comes thru.What was the speed limit there must have been a 80 zone by the length of your skidmarks.  

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: Blown68Coronet on May 22, 2012, 02:38:10 PM
Seen this type of collision lots during my time as a collision investigator in the military. Judgeing from that a-pillar on the Hyundai that could have put you in her blind spot if she didn't pay attention, also everyones judgement on approaching traffic is different, hence getting cut off or worse as in your case. Looks like she was leaving a flower shop and wasn't paying attention enough to her main task..... driving. I feel for ya and hopefully your ins coy comes thru.What was the speed limit there must have been a 80 zone by the length of your skidmarks.  

Sounds correct. Yes it was an 80 zone. I kinda wanted a DMCL car a while ago but, there was no way I was gonna change that nice paint job. Now it makes more sense. I will certainly have lots of time to locate the correct slotted mags. Here is another pic showing how short the car is now.

AirborneSilva

QuoteHere is another pic showing how short the car is now.

Well parking will be easier  :icon_smile_big:

billfury

A smart car R/T.
Sad to see it this way.You should have no problem getting it back to it's glory.I'm for the DMCL look.Good luck.

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: AirborneSilva on May 23, 2012, 05:36:57 AM
QuoteHere is another pic showing how short the car is now.

Well parking will be easier  :icon_smile_big:

I can tell you one thing, there's now a lot more room to walk around in my garage. I have made up my mind. I am going with the DMCL look. I was also planning on pulling the motor before the car leaves so I can freshen up the bearings and to make it easier for the shop to work under the hood. I just hope I can make enough room to get the motor out. I still have to wait and see if the insurance company is going to save it. I'm going to jack the car up tonight to see if there is any frame damage.

Dodge Don

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw this. Son of a &#&%@!

That car was awesome. I can't believe how well you are taking it. I've seen the car in person and it is stunning. I guess we won't be parking together at any shows this summer....damn what an absolute shame. If you are with Lant/Haggerty they should come through for you.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

I wouldn't really touch the car until the insurance company makes a decision. Easier to restore it back then to convert to DMCL.

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: 440 on May 23, 2012, 06:31:00 AM
I wouldn't really touch the car until the insurance company makes a decision. Easier to restore it back then to convert to DMCL.

I think your right. I better not touch it. I don't know how insurance companies think and I've got way too much to lose. Thanks for the concern Don. I think the car will be better than ever once again. Tough time of year for the car to go off the road. I really have no idea how long it will be down for. I'll have to look up my insurer name when I get a chance. Hey Don, I value your opinion. What do you think of the DMCL idea for a car like mine? I'm tired of the red.

Mytur Binsdirti

That's a damn shame. A driver not paying attention is one of my greatest fears when I take mine out.

Dodge Don

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on May 23, 2012, 06:51:36 AM

I think your right. I better not touch it. I don't know how insurance companies think and I've got way too much to lose. Thanks for the concern Don. I think the car will be better than ever once again. Tough time of year for the car to go off the road. I really have no idea how long it will be down for. I'll have to look up my insurer name when I get a chance. Hey Don, I value your opinion. What do you think of the DMCL idea for a car like mine? I'm tired of the red.

You should do whatever you want as it is your car. Honestly not a big fan of the DMCL or DOH look but that is just my opinion. I looked at the 69 Charger Registry to look at factory available colours and just based on my personal preferences, since you have a black interior I like the A4 Silver and I've come to like the look of a white Charger...with black V21 hood stripes and a black bumblebee stripe....I think that combo looks sharp. If you go DMCL I'm sure it will be the sharpest out there.

Wicked72

im speechless... hope everything works out.  :'( this will be a very close watched thread for sure....
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: Dodge Don on May 23, 2012, 08:09:53 AM
Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on May 23, 2012, 06:51:36 AM

You should do whatever you want as it is your car. Honestly not a big fan of the DMCL or DOH look but that is just my opinion. I looked at the 69 Charger Registry to look at factory available colours and just based on my personal preferences, since you have a black interior I like the A4 Silver and I've come to like the look of a white Charger...with black V21 hood stripes and a black bumblebee stripe....I think that combo looks sharp. If you go DMCL I'm sure it will be the sharpest out there.

OK thanks for the honest opinion Don. I do like a '69 in silver. White is nice too but, not for me. It's still possible that I might go hemi orange with the same tail stripe. I'm all for anyone who goes the DOH route but I would never do it myself.

RIDELIKEHELL

Silver   = :drool5: .....DMCL would be cool also.
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Dino

Quote from: Dodge Don on May 23, 2012, 08:09:53 AM

a white Charger...with black V21 hood stripes and a black bumblebee stripe....I think that combo looks sharp.

That's pretty much where I'm headed.

I never liked the DLCM Charger, or at least the color.  The stripe is kinda cool.  I had slot mags on my 68, they are nice rims and they're everywhere.

Do whatever your heart pleases 404, it's your car and whatever color you give it, it'll still be one fine 69!   :2thumbs:

Cooter

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on May 23, 2012, 09:24:33 AM
I'm all for anyone who goes the DOH route but I would never do it myself.

Then, you better not paint it plain orange. You WILL get tired of "Where's the 01 and flag?" Comments as well...

Do the DMCL as not too many of the DOH fans today even know bout that car.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

AirborneSilva

I'll trade you my slotted mags for your steel wheels, they are only 14's though  :rotz: