News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1966 charger stainless trim

Started by 266mopars, May 23, 2012, 09:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

266mopars

I just got my car repainted ,I was installing the trim on fenders got clips in all but last hole closest to door.Problem is there is no way to access it with out removing the fenders.Is there any way to secure the trim???, it sticks up.Do not want to remove the fenders(candy paint) terriffied of scratching.Tried a push in fastener was not strong enough. Help !!!!

Big Sugar

You talking about the trim piece along the fender ? Remove the splash sheild,  I cant recall having any trouble getting mine on. some of the rear J trim nits are tough as well as the front C Chromes.......?.........That reminds me.....

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

266mopars

I did pull the splash shield it gives you access to the second hole but not the first.It is covered  by the framework where the door and fender attaches and yes the c chromes were lots of fun !!! but it made me paint the inner fenders after spending so much quality time there with the spiders and old undercoating. but anyways back to the trim, trying to figure out an alternative method. The paint and body guy couldnt figure a way to do it either so at least I am not crazy

GPULLER

The clip at the rear of the fender is a plastic clip with the pin.  Yes the innner fender brace is in the way on the backside to remove the clip without breaking it.  If you have new clips you wont need access to the rear to install the clip.
I just installed the trim on my left fender, the trim was removed from a used fender.  I was able to take a punch and drive out the pins in the clips from the back side, all except for the clip at the rear.  I didn't have any extras so i had to leave it off.

Trim clip

Trim clip with pin pushed in

266mopars