News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need floor pan help please

Started by 73chargers4404, January 30, 2006, 11:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

Ok heres it is ,i have the floor pans cut out all the way to the seam where the 3/4 floor meets the rear section on both sides with the middle hump still in place,my question is the rear sections need  to be replaced and i bought a whole section from a donar car.im planning on going all the way up to the seam under the back seat has anyone whent this  high?but not cutting the hump in the middle of the car and was wondering if the body would flex if this much was cut out ,im getting subframes that im going to tack weld in before i get cutting anymore.

Drop Top

As long as the door frames are solid and you don't go jumping around inside of it or move it. It should be fine. Is it on floor stands? It should be. I've had the entire floor out of one of these before. You just need to make sure everthing is on good level ground and the stands are solid.

73chargers4404

well thats what sucks .i need to have it moved and towed on a flat bed to the shop i am having it welded at, tonight i received the subframe connectors and tack welded them in.so do you think i should not remove the rear section yet and have them weld in the front floor pans before removing the rear section or do you think its ok.thanks for the help

Drop Top

73chargers4404

I will diffently do that ,thanks for all your help , i have allways trusted your advise.heres a picture what do think so far

Drop Top

Looking Good! Your going in the right direction. Drilling out the old spot welds is the hardest part of the job. The rest is down hill from there. Now just make sure you fit the floors in perfict before you weld them in. If you have to grind a little on the pans to make it fit then thats OK.