News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AERO CARS ON THE 2012 HOTROD POWER TOUR?

Started by Mopar John, June 05, 2012, 12:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

On Monday morning my wife Linda and I had to run to town and noticed a whole bunch of muscle cars, street rods and trucks? I put 2+2 together and realized the 2012 HOTROD POWER TOUR route was right in front of our house on HWY 421 near Westville, Indiana. When we got home I got the Borzych Racing trailer out front and Linda got her Shelby GT500 Mustang out. We set up some lawn chairs and got some refeshments and watched all the great cars going past! About 1/3 new muscle, 1/3 Corvettes and 1/3 for the rest. Mopars were a minority! I didn't see any Aero cars by the time I had to leave for work? Just before that a couple of cars stopped and the folks told us that they remebered us from the B5 daytona restoration on this forum! I hurried and gave them a quick tour of the shop and showed them the finished Daytona! I took a longer route to work to see more cars on the way. Just as I was getting on I-94 to head east a nice sized group of Mopars were getting off to head south and I spotted my first wing of the day! It was an orange Daytona clone based on a nice 1970 Charger R/T! What a great day! Check out the rest of the tour as they head west and south to Texas!
MJ

moparstuart

we met up with them in effingham Illinois and are riding to miami oklahoma tomorrow
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

:popcrn: roberts daytona , oranger daytona clone ? 70 coronet fenders or just markers ???  not sure who's blue bird that was  :shruggy:

me in the pioneer stereo booth on the power tour   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5:   :eek2:   i know  i know  but it was there   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Mopar John

Stuart,
That oranger Daytona clone is the car I saw up here on the way to work Monday. Thanks for posting pictures and have a great ride!
MJ

moparstuart

Quote from: Mopar John on June 06, 2012, 10:09:19 AM
Stuart,
That oranger Daytona clone is the car I saw up here on the way to work Monday. Thanks for posting pictures and have a great ride!
MJ
we only did two days of it , had a blast . Got a free stereo system installed out of the deal.   :2thumbs:  The power tour is so huge now its quite over welming .

moparstuart

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,92268.0.html

i will be over the next few days posting my pictures from the trip up in this thread linked above

TheAutoArchaeologist

Yup, we have the 70 Charger R/T Daytona, a real 69 440 Daytona and we had a 69 Hemi Daytona...  We got most of the Mopars together for the MoPowered Tour!

www.powertour2012.wordpress.com

Ryan

nvrbdn

your not kidding it has gotten big. the guy from power tour on the news in st. louis said we had 4000 cars at gateway.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Kismgby

Ah...Power Tour....I wipe a tear.  I shoulda gone.   :brickwall: 
Oh well...there's always next year!   :2thumbs: 
But why travel cross country with strangers when you can hang out for something cool like the Brickyard or MMW with Mopar family?
I think I've chosen wisely after all...   :icon_smile_big:

BPTRacing

Quote from: moparstuart on June 05, 2012, 10:30:08 PM
:popcrn: roberts daytona , oranger daytona clone ? 70 coronet fenders or just markers ???  not sure who's blue bird that was  :shruggy:

The blue bird at the lunch stop was one of three that Roy Gobczynski owns. Roy was the one sponsoring the stop at his shop. Not sure why he did not have the other two out (they were in one of the other two buildings he has nearby).

Here is a pic from the Brickyard last year with all three in one place. Cheri and I got to drive the blue one around that weekend. The blue and yellow ones have 6-paks and 4-speeds. The orange one is a 440 auto.
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

moparstuart

Quote from: BPTRacing on June 12, 2012, 11:08:30 AM

The blue bird at the lunch stop was one of three that Roy Gobczynski owns. Roy was the one sponsoring the stop at his shop. Not sure why he did not have the other two out (they were in one of the other two buildings he has nearby).

Here is a pic from the Brickyard last year with all three in one place. Cheri and I got to drive the blue one around that weekend. The blue and yellow ones have 6-paks and 4-speeds. The orange one is a 440 auto.
didnt even know you were there buddy should have slapped me   :icon_smile_big:

BPTRacing

Quote from: moparstuart on June 12, 2012, 11:38:49 AM

didnt even know you were there buddy should have slapped me   :icon_smile_big:
Stuart,
Apparently I just missed you at Roy's, your car wasn't there when I got there. I followed to St. Louis, but before I got a chance to look around at Gateway I talked into announcing the last 2 hours of the "racing" on the drag strip. Stayed in St. Louis for Monster Mopar and spent another 3 days sequestered in the tower with a microphone in my hand.

Scott
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

moparstuart

Quote from: BPTRacing on June 13, 2012, 12:57:11 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 12, 2012, 11:38:49 AM
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:u were there buddy should have slapped me   :icon_smile_big:
Stuart,
Apparently I just missed you at Roy's, your car wasn't there when I got there. I followed to St. Louis, but before I got a chance to look around at Gateway I talked into announcing the last 2 hours of the "racing" on the drag strip. Stayed in St. Louis for Monster Mopar and spent another 3 days sequestered in the tower with a microphone in my hand.

Scott
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Lighthorseman

I really like the blackout treatment on the yellow 'Bird.  Is there a better picture floating around somewhere?

moparstuart

Quote from: Lighthorseman on June 13, 2012, 09:21:03 AM

I really like the blackout treatment on the yellow 'Bird.  Is there a better picture floating around somewhere?
norman GTX or Sport satelite treatment  :shruggy: is that what your looking for 

hemi68charger

Quote from: Devil on June 07, 2012, 09:04:53 PM
Yup, we have the 70 Charger R/T Daytona, a real 69 440 Daytona and we had a 69 Hemi Daytona...  We got most of the Mopars together for the MoPowered Tour!

www.powertour2012.wordpress.com

Ryan

Man... That's Ed's old clone.. I've put many miles behind the steering wheel on that car.. It's great......  Who owns it now?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TheAutoArchaeologist

Friend of ours Rob from Dallas, TX.

He did the Long Haul with us.  Quite the car, was on my arse the whole time.

Ryan

hemi68charger

Quote from: Devil on June 13, 2012, 10:36:28 AM
Friend of ours Rob from Dallas, TX.

He did the Long Haul with us.  Quite the car, was on my arse the whole time.

Ryan

Ask him if he wants to trade a real XX29 C500 for it...  :icon_smile_big:   I have a lot of good memories with that car..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1970mavman

Quote from: Mopar John on June 05, 2012, 12:37:50 AM
On Monday morning my wife Linda and I had to run to town and noticed a whole bunch of muscle cars, street rods and trucks? I put 2+2 together and realized the 2012 HOTROD POWER TOUR route was right in front of our house on HWY 421 near Westville, Indiana. When we got home I got the Borzych Racing trailer out front and Linda got her Shelby GT500 Mustang out. We set up some lawn chairs and got some refeshments and watched all the great cars going past! About 1/3 new muscle, 1/3 Corvettes and 1/3 for the rest. Mopars were a minority! I didn't see any Aero cars by the time I had to leave for work? Just before that a couple of cars stopped and the folks told us that they remebered us from the B5 daytona restoration on this forum! I hurried and gave them a quick tour of the shop and showed them the finished Daytona! I took a longer route to work to see more cars on the way. Just as I was getting on I-94 to head east a nice sized group of Mopars were getting off to head south and I spotted my first wing of the day! It was an orange Daytona clone based on a nice 1970 Charger R/T! What a great day! Check out the rest of the tour as they head west and south to Texas!
MJ

I finally got registered here...
John I am the guy in the orange Maverick that stopped at your house that day we drove through on the Power Tour; I wanted to thank you for your hospitality that day.You have an amazing collection of cars and I really appreciate the time you and your wife took to spend with us. We saw a lot of neat things during the week of that trip and the stop at your house was a bonus! Thank you again for allowing us to stop and see the cars; it was a highlight we still talk about. Also I met Stuart on the trip as the birdable was on display at a couple of the venues. That is another fine car.....

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970mavman on June 18, 2012, 12:42:19 PM
MJ

John I am the guy in the orange Maverick that stopped at your house that day we drove through on the Power Tour; I wanted to thank you for your hospitality that day.You have an amazing collection of cars and I really appreciate the time you and your wife took to spend with us. We saw a lot of neat things during the week of that trip and the stop at your house was a bonus! Thank you again for allowing us to stop and see the cars; it was a highlight we still talk about. Also I met Stuart on the trip as the birdable was on display at a couple of the venues. That is another fine car.....
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Mopar John

Quote from: 1970mavman on June 18, 2012, 12:42:19 PM
MJ

1970mavman,
I am glad you have come out of the closet here after spending much time on the forums and welcome!
Too bad we didn't snap some pictures before I had to leave for work. I hope your trip was trouble free!
MJ

1970mavman

Mopar John we had a mostly trouble free trip, 3400 miles round trip and only suffered a broken throttle cable on the first day drive. Once that was fixed I only had to deal with a couple of oil changes during the trip; easy stuff. Anyone that reads this should consider participating on this trip and I can honestly say it is the coolest thing I have done with cars. This is all about the drive and the people you meet. Again John and Stuart it was great to meet you and hope to see you again some day. and hopefully someday I am going to track down an affordable 68 Charger and have another car from my youth.

thedodgeboys

I had a great time in St. Louis on the power tour it should be on your bucket list. Next year it starts in Arlington TX over to race city Charlotte North Carolina.