News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Blower motor plug on 69 A/C car

Started by Dino, May 24, 2014, 10:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I don't have it on my schematics so can anyone tell me where the little plug on the blower motor connects to?  It should run to the bulkhead connector right?  From the other side of the connector it then goes to the resistor on the a/c heater box?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

fy469rtse

Just checked mine Dino, looking at bulk head from engineer bay, second from right in top plug, green wire , wiper motor plug, those unused ones, very right one is for air conditioning plug blue, hope this is right just checked wiring diagram to check I have wired mine correctly

Dino

Quote from: fy469rtse on May 25, 2014, 02:05:57 AM
Just checked mine Dino, looking at bulk head from engineer bay, second from right in top plug, green wire , wiper motor plug, those unused ones, very right one is for air conditioning plug blue, hope this is right just checked wiring diagram to check I have wired mine correctly

Ah that's why I couldn't find it, that slot is empty on mine!  I checked for another diagram online and found it, it's indeed next to the A/C blue wire.  thanks buddy!   :2thumbs:

Dino

So I checked again and the far right wire looking from the engine side is blue and goes to the A/C compressor, that's slot A in the BH connector.  The one to its left is green and runs to the blower motor, that's slot B.  So guess what?  On the other side of the connector I have green in slot A and blue in slot B.  I'm very confused about this as the bulkhead connector does not seem to have ever been removed.  Factory error?  If the wires weren't taped into the dash harness I could just trace them but if I remember correctly, the blue wire should run to the time delay relay under the heater box and if it does, then I should just swap the two wires in the bulkhead right?

EDIT: The blue wire does run to the time delay relay so I swapped blue and green to correspond to the engine bay side.  I have no clue why they were switched but oh well.

fy469rtse

You have me thinking just to recheck all wiring on mine as well, because it won't be the first time I have seen them in wrong spots, the human factor at work Dino,

Dino

I recall the PO saying that the blower never worked.  Geez I wonder why?   :lol:

fy469rtse

you have me worried now, lol  :lol: could be like the episode of the brady bunch,
when greg builds a car and everything functions wrong all at once