News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger Build - It moves!

Started by chaos52, June 08, 2012, 12:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnation74

I cannot get enough of this thread!  Awesome work

Dino

You know you just bumped me to second place in the finest '69 in Michigan category?  Well deserved though!   :lol:  :2thumbs:   :cheers:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

familymopar

Chaos52 this car is amazing!  You are an artist sir!

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

Dreamcar

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

chaos52

Quote from: familymopar on September 15, 2014, 09:54:42 AM
Chaos52 this car is amazing!  You are an artist sir!
Thanks! I guess that Bachelor of Fine Arts is paying off! :smilielol:

chaos52

Peeled the stripe yesterday. It's perfect except for a handful of bubbles. Much better than when we tried to peel it on Saturday.

I also made new swaybar mounts and welded them on. Even got the front brakes on, but discovered something was wrong when I couldn't turn the steering wheel. The calipers were hitting the new swaybar mounts.  :down: Turns out I have the spindles switched side-to-side. - the calipers are on the front when they're supposed to be on the back.  :brickwall:

A fairly easy fix, but it still means I have to pull everything back apart. Oh well, live and learn.

chaos52

:cheers:

chaos52

Black beauty has a heart!  :cheers:

bigdsul

Quote from: chaos52 on September 21, 2014, 09:14:48 PM
Black beauty has a heart!  :cheers:

Just got done reading the whole thread lol. I gotta say that the car is looking AMAZING! :o

I read that you had worked the majority of the time on the car while you were on school breaks which is impressive in of itself. Most guys don't focus on working on a project such as that when on break from college. Kudos to you to keeping the eye on the prize!

What sort of background did you have with cars prior to taking on this project?

djcarguy

:drool5: :drool5: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:     awsum   page 1 to now hard too beleive great good an awsum seeing it happen.  :2thumbs: DJ  :cheers: :cheers: :popcrn: :drool5: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

You could move to Iowa and work in my resto shop.....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Cncguy

SovereignZuul

One of my favorite threads and some serious inspiration.  I love every update.  :cheers:
1970 Dodge Charger - 1969 Dodge Dart - 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - 1997 Dodge Neon (Sold for Charger Parts)

PtitRaisin

Quentin

chaos52

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on September 22, 2014, 07:26:39 AM

Haha, thanks, but no thanks. I have enough to keep me busy here.  ;)

TUFCAT

Quote from: SovereignZuul on September 22, 2014, 10:19:59 AM
One of my favorite threads and some serious inspiration.  I love every update.  :cheers:

Like he said ^^^   :icon_smile_cool:

chaos52

Quote from: bigdsul on September 21, 2014, 11:36:42 PM
Just got done reading the whole thread lol. I gotta say that the car is looking AMAZING! :o

I read that you had worked the majority of the time on the car while you were on school breaks which is impressive in of itself. Most guys don't focus on working on a project such as that when on break from college. Kudos to you to keeping the eye on the prize!

What sort of background did you have with cars prior to taking on this project?

Thanks!

I've been around cars my whole life, but I didn't get really involved until I bought the Eclipse (see page 1). It was smashed and the transmission was out of it. That was my first taste of car repair and the car enthusiast community. (DSMtuners.com - this site is way better  :icon_smile_big: )

Of course, this project took things to another level. I really didn't have any idea what I was doing or what I was getting into when I bought the car. Looking back, that may have been a good thing: I didn't know what couldn't be done.

I realized something early on in the project that has helped a lot: It really doesn't matter how bad you screw something up. Just cut it out and reweld it. Sand it down and respray it. Take it apart and see what went wrong.

When I'm not screwing things up and redoing them, I read a lot and ask a lot of questions (thanks dad).  :cheers:

ProDartGTS

You're welcome.   You've done one hell of a job on this car, and I could not be prouder.  :-)
Mike
-----------------------------------
1968 Dodge Dart GTS ProStreet
1974 Swinger
1947 Ford Tudor Streetrod

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: chaos52 on September 22, 2014, 06:27:31 PM

This pays pretty well though.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

chaos52

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on September 22, 2014, 08:20:23 PM
Quote from: chaos52 on September 22, 2014, 06:27:31 PM

This pays pretty well though.

A wise man once said that the fastest way to take all the fun out of something is to do it for a living.

And on that note: got the transmission in tonight. What kind of masochist does this for fun!?  :brickwall:

Charger-Bodie

Another wise man said " if you love what you do for a living you will never work a day in your life".

chaos52

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on September 22, 2014, 10:42:54 PM
Another wise man said " if you love what you do for a living you will never work a day in your life".

Touche.

I'm flattered by the offer, but I've just started a new job and am not in a position to be moving right now. Otherwise I would definitely consider it. Thanks again!

Charger-Bodie

Nah that's cool. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you hone you talent even more as time goes on. Because its obvious that you have the skills to pay the bills.

Great job . You should be very proud of what you've accomplished.

six-tee-nine

I sometimes wonder about that.

I love restoring old cars, but I spend like 8 hrs a week on mine. I wonder if i would do it 8 hrs a day for the next 20 years if it would still be as fun as it is now?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...