News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have any Plum Crazy Gen 3 pics?

Started by Beer, February 01, 2006, 04:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Anyone have any Plum Crazy Gen 3 pics?

I have a 73, and it will soon be in the paint shop (same one NH's just come out of  :icon_smile_big:)

I know Plum Crazy was not availible in 73, but neither was/is the 402 Stroker Smallblock. Being the wife grandparents old car, I am not looking to sell anytime soon if at all. The wife was kind of enough to let me go a little nuts on the motor, so she gets to pick the color and she came in with Purple.

Can we see some Purple gen 3 Pics from those who have em?

I am familiar with this site that has one...any others (and is this a site members car???) ???
http://teardownphase2.homestead.com/inshop2.html

Thanks in Advance.

Beer

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

TruckDriver

Wow! Thats the first time I seen the whole car. Only thing I dont care for is he painted the trim around the grilles all black. And it's too much black I think. Other wise Very nice! Here is the R/T that was on my calender for this January.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

71charger_fan

http://www.moparmuscle69.com/1971chargerterry.htm

I'll see if I can find a more recent shot or two since I repainted the taillights and grilles.

NHCharger

Your wife picked Plum Crazy :o I like her already.
Personally I think you'd look pretty spiffy driving around with this paint job.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Beer

Quote from: NHCharger on February 01, 2006, 09:15:07 PM
Your wife picked Plum Crazy :o I like her already.
Personally I think you'd look pretty spiffy driving around with this paint job.

Don't think I am down with the spiffy look :icon_smile_wink:

Leaning towards the Plum Crazy and the Black 73 body stripe.  :yesnod:
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

doctorpimp

Nice choice of paint & stripes, Beer! ;D
Any luck on the rear valance?
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Beer

No on the valence, you scored the last fiberglass one right?
There are three gen 3's in a local yard, I may have to try and get one of them, although they do not have the cutouts for the bumper like the 73-74...

doctorpimp

I sent a money order to Dorsey two weeks ago.  Our mail is slow over here, so it may take 2-3 weeks...
I'm home in 10 days and there's so much snow still so I don't know when I'll get to the garage
I'll send you my steel one for free if you want it.  Just pay for shipping.
It's in good shape and I'm sure it's a '73.  I have a '72/'71 rear bumper on now and the cut-out doesn't match the bumper guards.
You can get Dayclona to modify it.
I'll get a pic tonite for you.

Beer

1970440RT

Here's mine:

1970440RT

Please don't pay any attention to the overspray around the wheel wells. ::)  We rushed to get it done for the parade.

Beer

Looking good RT!

You going to add any stripes of black out the bulge hood ?

Anyone use a fiberglass bulge hood in lieu of a factory steel one?  I just don't hold out much hope on getting a reasonabley priced steel bulge hood.

Cheers
Beer

doctorpimp

Here's the pic of my cars behind:

1970440RT

Quote from: Beer on February 03, 2006, 06:06:20 AM
Looking good RT!

You going to add any stripes of black out the bulge hood ?

Anyone use a fiberglass bulge hood in lieu of a factory steel one? I just don't hold out much hope on getting a reasonabley priced steel bulge hood.

Cheers
Beer

Thanks Beer.  I'm planning on painting a black bumble bee stripe on the tail and putting a flat hood with a Hemi scoop on it all painted flat black.  The bulge hood I have on there will get sold, unfortunately there are were rust issues on that hood and that purple paint is covering up many repairs.  Far from mint.  Probably not worth the cost to ship it where you are located.

71charger_fan

Here's one from Carlisle 2004.