News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best vinyl dye for blue interior?

Started by javakmcharger68, February 01, 2006, 08:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

javakmcharger68

Where can you buy the best dye? What is the best way to get great results when changing interoir colours? Thanks

Drop Top

As long as you dyeing from light to dark all the dye is about the same. Sem is usually available the same place you by your paint products. MoPaints also sells interior dye. Du Pont and PPG also sells it. In general they are more expencive then Sem. But if you need a spacific color it can be matched easier with PPG or Du Pont. If your tring to cover a dark color you will need to use a primer first. Yes they make a primer for dye.

andy74

i changed mine from blue to black,and i used the dupont,stuff worked great!the old dye job that was done on my car was so shitty that pieces of paint blew off when i drove with the windows down,so i tok my time and did it right-make sure you get everything clean,it really helps the dye stick

AKcharger

I had my local paint shop match a qt. of SEM bright blue metalic...came out perfect! I painted green head rests and the steering wheel center and horn buttons