News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona clone , Race Car ???

Started by tan top, June 21, 2012, 02:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

odcics2

Lotsa $$$, indeed!

"There's a reason Hot Rods To Hell chose to turn this '70 Charger into a Superbird, and it has nothing to do with imposing looks and everything to do with function. In full NASCAR trim, the Superbird was by far the slipperiest muscle car to ever grace an oval with the best air control, so when a customer proclaimed his desire to obliterate the Unlimited Class record at the Silver State Classic in vintage American iron, it was the logical choice."

Superbird cd = .32

Daytona cd = .29

The Plymouth drag increase is mostly due to the compromised rear glass on a 'Bird. 

So the verbiage is wrong, but the car is a low drag Daytona!!  LOL

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hotrod98

How are they turning a 70 Charger into a Superbird? Looks more like a Daytona.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Indygenerallee

Exactly!? It's a Daytona clone? Superbird!???? Dunno  :shruggy:

RallyeMike

Quoteso when a customer proclaimed his desire to obliterate the Unlimited Class record at the Silver State Classic in vintage American iron, it was the logical choice."

Considering it WAS just obliterated by a full blown Nascar vehicle, good luck with that. Not gonna be easy.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

surmanajaja

they already ruined the look with chopping that top and other metal alterations, not my cup of tea. sure, its gonna be fast but it aint stylish or cool anymore.

Hemi Runner

It's a chrysler daytona superbird.... you know... like the one mopar built with the 440 6-pack hemi :rofl:

Indygenerallee

What with the optional 8 pack 440 Hemi!!  :icon_smile_big:

mpdlawdog

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just opened the first link and saw that poor 68 charger they turned into something that should be in the jetsons....wtf

I do like the superchicken or whatever it is.... :2thumbs:....should be a cool build
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

Indygenerallee

I found the 68 "Charger" It does look hideous!!!  :icon_smile_dissapprove: :eek2:

moparstuart

Quote from: Indygenerallee on June 22, 2012, 08:08:24 AM
I found the 68 "Charger" It does look hideous!!!  :icon_smile_dissapprove: :eek2:
just a modern version of this 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indygenerallee

moparstuart

Quote from: Indygenerallee on June 22, 2012, 10:40:41 AM
Like I said, Hideous!!!  :lol: :smilielol:
that is the factory concept 68 topless charger that later became the super charger

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   I love both cars 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indygenerallee

I know its a factory concept, I saw it at the Walter P. Chrysler museum years ago. Still not my cup o' tea!!!  :lol: :lol:

mpdlawdog

the only thing I can say about the blue 68........its like tongue kissing you sister...its just not right and you just dont do it!
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

65post

Quote from: mpdlawdog on June 22, 2012, 02:24:14 PM
the only thing I can say about the blue 68........its like tongue kissing you sister...its just not right and you just dont do it!
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.