News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Windshield

Started by Silver R/T, June 21, 2012, 06:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

I'm shopping around for windshield and can get a PPG one for $150 or XYT for $99. Anyone hear of them? Supposed to be chinese made and I've heard PPG is made in China as well now.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have a PPG in my car (about 14 years old now....)

Pilkington is a really good brand as well....others have reported it has a thickness very close to OEM....PPG's seem to be on the thin side and with a bit of extra sealant between the glass & the gasket all is well.

Never heard of the other brand :shruggy:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

doctor4766

XYG is Xinyi Glass in China.
As the stock co-ordinator for a large autoglass business here in Oz for many years I dealt with them directly.
The quality of the front windshields was usually pretty good and their toughened body glass was ok.
I left that job to start my own business nearly 10 years ago but have seen some very average body glass with their stamp on it over the last few years. Ripples and curvature have been some of the issues.
Having said that, the majority of front windshields fitted here these days are XYG, probably due to the low price, and I havent heard of too many complaints from my buddies who still fit them.
So if you want to save a few bucks, go take a look at the glass before you purchase it. Keep in mind though that most curved windshields will display some distortion when viewed at an angle because of the manufacturing process where the laminated glass is heated and folds down onto the hot jig bars.
Gotta love a '69