News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this a CL scam?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 30, 2012, 02:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I put my Gold Wing on CL because I'm to stupid to remember to pull in the side stand. It's hidden under the floor board. After I learned several Wing guys have done the same thing I decided to remove the side stand and only use the center stand. So I closed my ad. Check out these emails to me.

Great. am glad to read from you ,will appreciate more pictures... i am
a marine engineer, i am at sea right now.I am buying this for my son
as a surprise promise Gift  so am willing to offer you the amount you
required. I can only pay through PayPal at the moment as i don't have
access to my bank account online(i don't have internet banking with
it), but i have it attached to my PayPal account, and this is why i
insisted on using PayPal to pay,all i will need is your PayPal email
address to make the payments, and if you don't have a PayPal account
yet, you can set one up at www.paypal.com  it cant take you less than
3mins to do that, i will be expecting your PayPal email so l can pay .
I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up after payments
has been sorted.

l will be waiting for your reply asap

Regards Brine

On 6/26/12, Robert Malerba <rpmalerba@gmail.com> wrote:
I decided to keep it and closed the ad.  Thanks.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:50 PM, <praiselove20@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
i want to know if you still have this post for sale and the present
condition including some pics if there is...get back asap

Thanks.

--
Hello seller do you still have it and in good condition,what is the final
price?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hatersaurusrex

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

1969chargerrtse

Here's what I wrote back.

Great. Thanks. Please send me your pay pal acct name and password and I can get the object to you. God bless you.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68X426

Run fast.

Scam 100%. No access to on-line accounts but has access to PayPal on-line? What a fool. You got to try better than that.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Tilar

Quote from: 68X426 on June 30, 2012, 05:19:19 PM
Run fast.

Scam 100%. No access to on-line accounts but has access to PayPal on-line?

And email!
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

ChgrSteve67

I was reading an article the other day about why scammers have such bad spelling and bad grammar in their postings and email.

Article said that people that don't recognise it or don't figure out its a scam are easy targets and the people the scammers are looking to pray on.

Smart people need not reply.

If your asking yourself if its a scam it is.

I always place in my postings that I will not respond to questions like "is the item still available" unless they give me their name and a phone number.

I usually get two or three email poachers every time I post an ad.

1969chargerrtse

Yeah the spelling always does it for me.
Wonder what they can do with just the name?  You need a password to access acct?  Unless that comes next.

Fred

Got the exact same email about 2 years ago when I was selling a car. (several times over I might add...........same email, different names)
could smell it was a scam a mile off. I just ignored it. First I thought I'd email back and ask how stupid did they think I was but then they would have had my personal email address and who knows where that might lead so I thought better of it.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

resq302

Ha.  Thats funny.  It was about maybe 2 or 3 years ago now that someone asked me if I was selling my charger on ebay.  I asked for the link and they sent it to me.  Sure enough it was my car that either someone stole a pic from somewhere or took a pic of my charger at a show and posted it.  I ended up posting a link about it on here and even considered going there with the cops however, the guy stopped getting back to me after I notified craigslist and they pulled the ad.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Fred

Same thing happened to me only some astute person noticed it and emailed me to let me know. It was advertised under my name and also the scammer's name. Go figure.

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

I just google the email address from responders.
No hits, most likely a scam.

Also helps if you require people to provide their phone number when responding. No number, no response. It's that easy.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Tilar

I just reply to the first one that they, or their driver, can bring cash when they come to get it since I don't do paypal or any kind of check and amazingly they never reply back.  :shruggy:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Tilar on July 01, 2012, 05:13:41 AM
I just reply to the first one that they, or their driver, can bring cash when they come to get it since I don't do paypal or any kind of check and amazingly they never reply back.  :shruggy:
That's odd?  I wonder why?  :scratchchin:

Indygenerallee

I always love the "Is this item still for sale?" line!!!  :lol: :eek2:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

A lot of times, they are fishing for your email address to spam.

For this, I created an email address, just for online selling/buying.

Yes, the OP post reads like a scam, 100%

hatersaurusrex

Funny somewhat-related story:  My wife and I went down to St. Augustine yesterday to look at a VW Bug.  The seller had it priced at $5900, and said that one lady had offered him $5500 and 'three hours of her time'.

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

resq302

Wow thats a steal at 3 hrs for $400!     :smilielol:
Brian

Fred

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 01, 2012, 10:28:08 AM
I always love the "Is this item still for sale?" line!!!  :lol: :eek2:

Yeah go figure!  I mean if it wasn't it wouldn't be advertised.

Indygenerallee

I had a dually cummins Ram for sale here last month and had a pretty lookin' thing wanted to drive it and she asked if there was something "she could trade" in also plus the cash!!  :icon_smile_tongue: I am married and would rather keep my Mopars than a stab at trouble (but damn she was good looking!!)
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

KS71owner

I got one of these once when I was selling my old Crown Vic on CL.....they wanted to know how much to ship it. LOL

I do like CL for selling small stuff locally though, it does work great for that.