News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

67 and -68 Coronet subframes identical?

Started by janimm, February 02, 2006, 06:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janimm

Are the -67 and -68 Coronet subframes and floor pans identical?  ??? ???

Thanks (again) in advance... 

Drop Top

I don't believe they are. The body's where completely differant. The best way to find out is to get under the two cars with a tape messure and find out.

janimm

I'm asking since I'm planning to replace rusted subframes on -68 with the ones from -67. Can it be done?

Mike DC

I'm not sure. 

People talk about the platform and say "they're all the same from '66-70," but I think that's more like just in their functioning.  My gut feeling says no literal swapping of frame sections outside of '68-70.  And I don't know about the front subframe rails being the same on 4-doors, but I suspect there's probably no interchanging the rear subframe rails outside of the 2-door models. 

janimm

The front subframe parts and floorpans are the most important in my case. Things that I think I know:

- 67 & 68 torsion bars are the same
- K-Frame does bolt-on from 67 to 68
- Front suspension components are the same
- Driveline components do bolt-on from 67-68

Thats why I though that front subframes and floorpans might be identical in both... Anyone used 67 subframes to repair 68 ???

Chryco Psycho

the 67 is differnt , you may be able to use the frame rails though

dodgeboy67

i was told  that the floorpans / trunk pans are the same from 66-70....so you would think the rails would be....you might call a bone yard , like texas acres who specialize in old mopars, or mopar city.....