News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not sure if this will help anyone or not...

Started by Tilar, July 05, 2012, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

There is an auction coming up this sunday not far from me that has a couple "salvage cars" as they put it. I know some of you use a vega hatchback for your window plugs and this one car looks like maybe a later model Vega but I cant tell for sure. Anyway it looks like it has an extra rear hatch if anyone is interested.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indygenerallee

Yep it's the right one!! Snag it!! $100-150.00 should buy it!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Tilar

It's probably a package deal, get it all for one money but I doubt I can get it for 100 or 150 due to the price of scrap being as high as it is but supposedly there are no titles.
Dave  

moparstuart

Quote from: Tilar on July 05, 2012, 01:09:38 PM
It's probably a package deal, get it all for one money but I doubt I can get it for 100 or 150 due to the price of scrap being as high as it is but supposedly there are no titles.
scrap has come back down quite a bit and is still dropping
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Tilar

I don't mind going to pick it up if I thought someone could use it sooner or later, but I have no plans on doing one.
Dave  

Indygenerallee

I paid $150 for my complete 77 Vega hatch, Vega parts are dirt cheap... I saw a whole Vega for sale $300.00!! I would have bought it pulled the hatch and scrapped it and got the hatch for free but it was 3 states away!!! :lol:

Tilar

The car sold for $400, but I did get the spare rear hatch if anyone needs one.
Dave  

GOTWING

you mean you passed on it!! You didn't want to restore the Vega! :smilielol:

Old Moparz

Quote from: Tilar on July 08, 2012, 07:07:58 PM
The car sold for $400, but I did get the spare rear hatch if anyone needs one.

Hard to tell in the photo, but is the trim around the glass missing, or did someone primer over it?   :shruggy:

Once in a while I see trim for sale on ebay, but it can be pretty scarce. Hope it's there, it'll make someone who needs a hatch very happy.

If I needed a hatch I'd be on my way to your neck of the woods, but I have one as well as a spare trim set.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Tilar

Quote from: GOTWING on July 09, 2012, 01:12:11 PM
you mean you passed on it!! You didn't want to restore the Vega! :smilielol:

LOL, No title, and I figured $400 was more than what it was worth when it was new. It's supposedly going to become a drag car.
Dave  

Tilar

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 09, 2012, 01:43:42 PM

Hard to tell in the photo, but is the trim around the glass missing, or did someone primer over it?   :shruggy:

I think it's been painted over but I'll look tomorrow.
Dave  

Tilar

I finally got a chance to check that out today when I unloaded everything I bought at the auction. The trim is painted over and actually looks like it would be really nice if it were cleaned. I think it's actually primer.
Dave  

Indygenerallee

Hit it with some 000 steel wool soaked in laquer thinner!!!! :icon_smile_big: