News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's wrong with my 383?

Started by Chargerguy74, August 04, 2005, 11:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargerguy74

I went for a spin this morning. When I snap the pedal to the floor there's a loud pop (more of a crack), then the motor will bog, then take off. I backed off then put it to the floor again, this time I heard it backfire out the carb, the motor would then top out at a low rpm, then it died, and now it won't start. Every once in a while it'll fire up for a second or so and then die, and wont do nothing but turn over for the next ten minutes before it fires for a second....and quits. It is getting fuel. The carb is a 2bbl. Any ideas? Thanks
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Chryco Psycho

your accerator pump is not working , when you snap the throttlew open it goes lean misfire & backfires

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002