News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

bucket seat ideas

Started by winghawg, July 15, 2012, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghawg

i have a 70 dodge charger with a bench seat,i would like to put buckets in it. i just got sticker shock looking for 70 charger bucket seats.what are some ideas others have come up with that they used in their own cars?

twodko

Members have installed ProCar buckets but I'd compare prices. I would try and find some OEM buckets but that's just my way.  :shruggy:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Budnicks

ProCar/Scat has some decent buckets a Rally 1000 with vertical stitching & side bolsters & the Elite 1100 more of an open pattern {both styles have adjustable head rests}, which I have in my RR, I'm still working on, you can get them with mounts for an extra $70- or so dollars, the best price I found was at Summit Racing & Jegs, I think I had $700 for the pair with mounting brackets/sliders, a year or so ago...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Ghoste

My purist leanings tend to crop up whenever aftermarket seats are mentioned but a buddy of mine has a set of the ProCar buckets in his Road Runner and I have to admit they didn't look all that bad in there.

b5blue

I'm in the same boat! I stopped counting at 1200.00 for parts, seat backs @ 300.00 each, foam 350.00, covers 300.00, springs, canvass and cord repairs, do dads and clips, knobs and hinge covers, sandblasting, painting and frame repairs. You can get these seats with no upholstery and have them covered to match the interior. (That's what I'm considering as my seats are shot.) 

Budnicks

Heres a couple more from Pro Car-Scat somewhat classic styles...

73charger440

I kinda retro fit my own took the factory ones and took the mesurments of the height off those.bought some angle iron and made my own brackets and put the two pcs together with a high grade bolt.I got the unversal brackets from summit they set the seat up to high and were light weight crap that bent way to easy.

myk

Pro-Car Seats, Rally  1100 FTW.  They match the original bucket's measurements almost exactly and unlike the crappy originals, these seats actually work like bucket seats, and have plenty of bolstering to keep you in place during spirited driving.  You'd have to roll your car in order to get dislodged from the Rally 1100...

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Rolling_Thunder

did you use their seat brackets to mount them?   If not what did you do?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Budnicks

Quote from: myk on August 18, 2012, 11:30:32 AM
Pro-Car Seats, Rally  1100 FTW.  They match the original bucket's measurements almost exactly and unlike the crappy originals, these seats actually work like bucket seats, and have plenty of bolstering to keep you in place during spirited driving.  You'd have to roll your car in order to get dislodged from the Rally 1100...

:hah:  nice job :2thumbs:

myk

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on August 18, 2012, 12:33:26 PM
did you use their seat brackets to mount them?   If not what did you do?

I bought the brackets and, as someone else here said a while back, they were NOT an exact fit and new holes had to be drilled.  Downsides to the seats are the REALLY high bolsters, as you have to go up and over before you can sit in.  Also, the seats are lower than stock and there is no height adjustments, which kinda suck because I'm 5'4"  lol.  Let's keep that little Asian in a big car stereotype alive!   :smilielol:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"