News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Takes forever to post a reply?

Started by PA Dodger, July 15, 2012, 08:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dodger

I noticed that it takes me forever to post a reply to a thread. When I hit "post" it takes many minutes for it to go through the action. Sometimes I give up before it goes through. I dont have any problem on the other forums I belong to.  Is there something I'm doing wrong? A wrong setting?

Followup-When I posted this one, it went instantly?Why?
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

Fred

No, you're not doing anything wrong. I go through exactly the same thing every single time. It can take me up to 6 tries sometimes.
If I can do it in 2 goes I'm more than happy. The most annoying part about it is , if you send pics, you have to constantly rename them.
Isn't life wonderful!  :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

A383Wing

It's Fred's fault....

(or Jim's, maybe Skippy's....or Mr.s Jim's)

Bryan  (all I know it ain't my fault this time)

Fred

You crack me up Bryan.
Don't tell me your posts go through fisrt time.
If it helps you feel good then go right ahead and blame it on Me Jim/skip. It can't be me, I know this  because I'm wearing my name tag.  :smilielol:

doctor4766

Happens to me too. (Thanks Fred)

What I do though, is if the screen is hanging, like it's gonna take forever, I copy what I've written, then hit the backspace key to go back to the thread. Then hit reply to the post again and paste in my reply.
Works for me.
Gotta love a '69

PA Dodger

I could be a post whore too if I didn't give up so often. My count should be "266 posts and 1000 failed attempts"! :icon_smile_big:

Troy

For those of you experiencing this, is it all the time or only specific times? Is the rest of the site slow at the same time or only posting?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

PA Dodger

Troy,
It happens fairly often for me. I don't post often so I don't see a trend as far as specific times. The rest of the site goes fine. Also, if I have to edit a post it will take forever for the post to save. Although, since I started this thread yesterday all has been going fine. :shruggy:

Fred

Quote from: Troy on July 16, 2012, 01:17:37 PM
For those of you experiencing this, is it all the time or only specific times? Is the rest of the site slow at the same time or only posting?

Troy

For me it's all the time, every time no matter when.
Maybe 1 out of 15 makes it through the first time.

Quote from: doctor4766 on July 16, 2012, 04:01:12 AM

What I do though, is if the screen is hanging, like it's gonna take forever, I copy what I've written, then hit the backspace key to go back to the thread. Then hit reply to the post again and paste in my reply.
Works for me.

I do the same doc but it's very time consuming and frustrating.  And as I said, even though that's the easy way around it, you still have to rename all your pics every time. (4 or 6 renames to post 1 pic)

A383Wing

Quote from: Fred on July 15, 2012, 11:52:05 PM
You crack me up Bryan.
Don't tell me your posts go through fisrt time.
If it helps you feel good then go right ahead and blame it on Me Jim/skip. It can't be me, I know this  because I'm wearing my name tag.  :smilielol:

actually, yea they do, except for maybe once a month or so...I just go somewhere else and come back later and it posts right away

Bryan

Bobs69

Works for me.
Same here.  Well I copy, hit refresh then paste.  I'm glad to see it's not just me.

YUP, did it again.

bull

This happens to me quite often too. If I write a long response I usually try to remember to copy it before I try posting so I can go back and try again without losing all the text.

Fred

:scratchchin:  To post or not to post...............that is the question.   :shruggy:

and no, this one didn't go through first time either.

attempt#4

bull

Same here. When it happens to me I've found out if it isn't going to post right away it isn't going to post at all. I just copy/paste my message and back all the way out of the thread and try again. It seems to be more trouble when I go back in to edit something. It's happened a couple times in the last 15 minutes. And it has happened on every computer I use.

Mopar Nut

It happens here too, I thought it was my cheap internet service though.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dans 68

Maybe one time out of a hundred it has a 5 or 10 second lag, but really, I personally don't have any problems  ;)  (maybe Troy installed a BS meter...?  :D  )

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

nvrbdn

mine is slow in face book, but i very seldom have a problem here at all. my posts go through pretty quick. hope this one doesnt make me a liar ha ha :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

4cruzin

Hmmmm. Don't usually have an issue posting anything . . . .  :scratchchin:

Edit:  Yep first try . . .
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Fred

Well I guess some of us are luckier than others.  :shruggy:

4cruzin

So what operating system is everyone using . . . What browser are you using?    How do you all get service?  If you do a speed test, what is your download speed?  Upload speed? 

But I'm sure Troy will know best . . . .
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

A383Wing

Windows Vista here

Browser either IE8 or Google Chrome

download speed 11kbps

Internet service through Centurylink home phone line

green69rt

I have the same intermittent problem.  Seems like the system hangs every once in a while.  I usually wait a few minutes and the post makes it and then everything moves along.  I have had this problem on other sites so where's the problem...I don't have a clue.  I've just grown to expect unexplained events when using the net???   I used to run window XP and now run Windows 7, same result.

Fred

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with whichever Microsoft windows you're using. I've got windows 7 now and XP before that and I also find it makes no difference.
It's got to be either a server issue or DC.com itself. And as I don't have the problem with any other websites, I'm inclined to think it's this forum.

nvrbdn

is everyone that is having the problem on dial up?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Troy

Depending on the time of day, the site will get slow when I delete all the spam accounts. This will usually take a few minutes and the site is unresponsive. That's generally the only time I ever notice anything acting slow. I used to do it every morning but it would take too long so now I spread them throughout the day.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.