News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

gas tank filler tube question

Started by hemi68charger, February 02, 2006, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

I was curious,,,,, as some of you know, I recently picked up my new six pack '70 Charger R/T, a N95 California car.... Now, I have a question... What's different, if anything, on the filler neck tubes or are '70's different than '68/'69's? It's all these little things I'm forgetting since my last '70, but this might be because it's a California car... I notice there are two holes cut out in the trunk floor pan next to the filler neck opening... Is this where the vent tube went into? I have  two pictures here.. One of the current state of the Charger and a second picture of the filler neck I picked up when I bought the car.....
The filler neck in the car looks original to the car as far as the seal looking like it's never been removed..... The filler neck doesn't have the nipple for the vent..... What does the filler neck on my hood go to?.....  Dang, so many lil things.....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Just 6T9 CHGR

Heres a pic from a 68 if it helps
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 03, 2006, 06:24:11 AM
Heres a pic from a 68 if it helps

Chris,, perfect !!!!  Now, my '69's little vent tube goes through the main tube's seal.. Does yours Chris?

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Well honestly, since the trunk floor was changed before I got the car, none of the holes were cut out for any of the body plugs.
Even the filler neck seal isnt screwed down (should be one of my next projects)

My vent tube is running parallel with the filler tube through the seal out of the trunk.

I was gonna ask you if you werent gonna use that grommet on the spare tube........  :scratchchin: :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 03, 2006, 06:49:02 AM
Well honestly, since the trunk floor was changed before I got the car, none of the holes were cut out for any of the body plugs.
Even the filler neck seal isnt screwed down (should be one of my next projects)

My vent tube is running parallel with the filler tube through the seal out of the trunk.

I was gonna ask you if you werent gonna use that grommet on the spare tube........  :scratchchin: :wave:

Sorry Chris, the one that's on the hood is going on the hemi car...  It's in better shape than my hemi's original....... If I come across another one, I'll yell back....

Troy
Troy

4402tuff4u

Do you know what the diameter of this vent hole is on the floor? Mine is missing too.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

daytonalo

COULD YOU PLEASE INFORM ME IF THERE IS A METAL RETAINER THAT HOLDS DOWN THE FILLER TUBE GROMMET AND WHERE CAN I BUY ONE ,. ALSO WHERE CAN I GET A NICE GROMMET. THANK YOU , LARRY

4402tuff4u

"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

daytonalo

I NEED THE METAL RETAINER THAT HOLDS DOWN THE FILLER TUBE SEAL TO TRUNK FLOOR . AGAIN THE METAL RETAINER

phat69charger

Quote from: daytonalo on February 07, 2006, 04:40:02 PM
I NEED THE METAL RETAINER THAT HOLDS DOWN THE FILLER TUBE SEAL TO TRUNK FLOOR . AGAIN THE METAL RETAINER

Daytonalo
Why don't you just make it yourself! just get a brown paper bag and trace the outline of the area then get some thin cardboard  make a better template on the cardboard, then get you some sheet metal from lowes or homedepot then cut you a piece like your cardboard template, it only has to hold a rubber gasket in place.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say use the rubber gasket to trace your template on to the paper first.

daytonalo

I WAS JUST INFORMED THAT THE REPO SEALS HAVE METAL RETAINER MOLDED IN .