News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cant find a carb whipple supercharger

Started by Wicked72, July 22, 2012, 03:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked72

I know the whipple makes superchargers that are carb but I cant find any or even part numbers....can anyone me out.. no idea why I cant find anything maybe I just suck at searching i dunno haha. thanks!
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Budnicks

I'm not 100% sure, but I think all the Whipple SC's Screw or Rotor style {unless it for all out drag racing, like early 90's Positive displacement Screw style T/A Dragster & T/A Funny Car Blowers, then probably way too much boost for a feasible street application}, were for EFI applications, not carburetors, maybe someone could adapt them to accept a Carburetor, the typical Whipple design draws air/intake thru the end & not like a GMC Roots style, that draws thru the top & way more carburetor friendly... I could be wrong, it won't be the 1st or last time... B&M makes a little carburetor friendly 1.42 ltr. & 1.72  ltr. dual rotor blower, but I don't think they make any intake manifolds for Mopars, "they made some at one time for Magnum style SB heads, I think" {but none for 361-383-400 B low-deck, 413-426-440 RB tall deck} it would have to be adapted/modified, from a different mfgrs. manifold...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Wicked72

the whipple site says they havem but i do not see any part numbers for them. i want a twin screw type supercharger but ill probably end up with a paxton since they are inexpencive
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected