News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 vs 73 rear bumper

Started by AirborneSilva, July 25, 2012, 12:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirborneSilva

Is there any difference between the 72 and 73 rear bumpers?

ODZKing

Yes, part numbers are different but will work on either.
72 has jack slots, 73 does not.  You'd think it was the other way around huh?

AirborneSilva

Yeah you would think  :scratchchin: Cool, I have a 72 bumper that I got the bumper brackets off of and since the bumper is in better shape than my 73 I was thinking I'd like to use that one if the rest of the 73 parts fit on it....  Thanks Bob  :cheers:

ACUDANUT

73/74 Bumpers do not fit as flush and weigh 15 lbs more. And the have a big hole in them, where a rubber bumper is bolted on. Also, it seems the tailights never fit right when you tried to switch them out.  :shruggy:

FLG

Quote from: AirborneSilva on July 25, 2012, 02:35:34 PM
Yeah you would think  :scratchchin: Cool, I have a 72 bumper that I got the bumper brackets off of and since the bumper is in better shape than my 73 I was thinking I'd like to use that one if the rest of the 73 parts fit on it....  Thanks Bob  :cheers:

Yes you could use the 72 brackets and youd eliminate the bumper filler due to it sitting closer to the car, you also need a 71-2 gas filler neck.

Never seen issues with light fitment, the rear is the same for 71-74 just the bumper brackets differ.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: FLG on July 25, 2012, 07:17:58 PM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on July 25, 2012, 02:35:34 PM

Yes you could use the 72 brackets and youd eliminate the bumper filler due to it sitting closer to the car, you also need a 71-2 gas filler neck.

Never seen issues with light fitment, the rear is the same for 71-74 just the bumper brackets differ.

I had already used the 72 brackets to get rid of that filler but after looking at both bumpers the 72 bumper is in better shape which is why I want to swap that out too.