News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power/Manual Brake Pedal?????

Started by 69BlackChargerRT, February 03, 2006, 08:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69BlackChargerRT

I have been reading here alot as a guest on this forum and there is some GREAT info here, but in my searches, I did not find an answer to my problem. 
I went from power brakes to manual with an Auto transmission on my 69 Charger.  Then, I went to the Kiesler 5spd manual and changed my brakes from power to manual.  When I did this conversion, I changed out my pedals (obviously) but the manual brakes did not offer enough stopping power, so I decided to go back to power brakes.  My question is, "is there a difference in pedal curvature in the brake pedals from power to 4sp pedals?" I am not getting enough pedal return from the brake pedal. I have hooked up the pedals per service manual and the set up I have is how the car originally cam (same booster, minus the manual transmission and pedal).
When static, my brake pedal is even with the gas pedal (and I know it should be even with the clutch pedal).  I am running Wilwood disc brakes on all fours.  I see in the service manual there is a bracket attached to the pedal to activate the brake light switch.  Is this part of a power brake manual transmission pedal or are all manual transmission pedals the same?
Thanks in advance to all as there is great knowledge within the halls of this forum.  ;)

phat69charger

Dennis K

The brake pedal on power brake equipped cars didn't come up even with the clutch pedal, so you probably don't have a problem.

69BlackChargerRT

Thanks for your replys.  Apparently there is some linkage that came with the 4sp set up with power brakes (which I don't have) which is why the pedal is not lining up correctly.

Charger_Fan

Like you've already noticed, there should be a different length push rod between the pedal & brake booster on a power brake application. Using a manual brake push rod would place your pedal closer to the floor.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)