News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird P/N 3571164 Seal - Lower Fender Splash, Inner fenderwell front debris

Started by Arnie Cunningham, August 09, 2012, 04:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnie Cunningham

Greetings All,

As long as the topic of Superbird nose cone seals is being discussed on other threads, I have wondered about something on my car for years.  3571 164 is the large sort-of L shaped flap seal that hangs down in front of the front tire and is supposed to keep rocks and dirt out of the headlight assemblies.  When I got my car, it did not have any seals in it.  Instead, in the trunk were two metal versions of these seals.

When I first saw them I just assumed this was another weird do-it-yourself improvement that someone had made for the car and not installed.  The odd thing though is that they are cut from galvanized sheet metal just like the valances.  And, one side is finished in something very close to the crappy black painting that Mopar put on so many things.

Has anyone else ever found metal versions of these seals on their cars?  The rubber seals in the photos below are reproductions.

Thanks,
Brennan
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.