News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

torsion bar grease

Started by RECHRGD, February 04, 2006, 06:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

Last season I noticed some creeking noises under the car right around the back of the front seats.  I posted a thread about it and someone told me to add grease where the rear of the torsion bars connect.  The manual says to "pack" the area with a good grease.  When I slid the boots back, it was obvious that the grease that was left there is probably the grease that was put on at the factory in '68.  There is no grease fitting.  Just the area around the bar.  All I can do is try and mash in some new grease with my fingers.  There's got to be a better way to accomplish this!  Is there a special tool?  Help!!  Thanks, Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

RallyeMike

Pull the rear clips out, unload the fromt suspension, push the bars toward the back of the car, pack away, put it back together.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Chryco Psycho

I would use a synthetic grease in there
having said that I bet the T bar is not the problem , they never make noise , check the lower control arm bushing & strut rod carefully

PocketThunder

Can i piggy back here and ask: 

What is the stock torsion bar daimeter for a 68 Charger 440, auto?

I am going from a 318 to a 440 and need to order bigger bars. 

thanks
Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

4402tuff4u

I believe 440 & Hemi's came with .92" dia x 41" long with upgrades to .96" and 1" for racing and autocross.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"