News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

after my Austin trip I installed my M/T 325-50-15 Drag Radials. the Nitto's are GONE !!! :)

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

69wannabe

Quote from: cdr on September 26, 2017, 07:03:00 PM

That wheel well is full!!!! You ever thought about mini-tubbing your car? My buddy did his 68 and had some 13 inch wide tires on it with coil over's and ladder bars and it looked great. He never raced it but i'm betting it would have hooked great. His 68 was also black and it was sharp like yours, he had a 871 blower on it but honestly it didn't run any better than a good built 500 inch stroker in my opinion. Love your charger dude, was wanting to paint mine black but time and money didn't allow it so I went back orange with it.

Fred

I just put in a Borgeson power steering box. Purchased it from Peter Bergman.

Oh what a feeling!!!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

69wannabe

Been driving mine on the weekend's, since I did the head swap and rear main seal replacement the car has been doing great(knock on wood) Got more things I want to do on it but maybe next year. It's been running great and I haven't had to work on it since I had the engine out back in june. It's nice to actually just get to drive it and enjoy it for a change instead of chasing electrical gremlins and driveability issues. It does need a good washing tho, maybe this weekend I can do that......

cdr

Quote from: 69wannabe on September 26, 2017, 10:03:10 PM

That wheel well is full!!!! You ever thought about mini-tubbing your car? My buddy did his 68 and had some 13 inch wide tires on it with coil over's and ladder bars and it looked great. He never raced it but i'm betting it would have hooked great. His 68 was also black and it was sharp like yours, he had a 871 blower on it but honestly it didn't run any better than a good built 500 inch stroker in my opinion. Love your charger dude, was wanting to paint mine black but time and money didn't allow it so I went back orange with it.

Thanks for the compliments , no mini tub for me, this car is my daily driver, the pictures dont show it but the tires are inside the wheel wells, it should hook at the track now, I wont know till sometime in November after my eye surgery .

VegasCharger

Quote from: cdr on September 26, 2017, 07:00:51 PM
after my Austin trip I installed my M/T 325-50-15 Drag Radials. the Nitto's are GONE !!! :)

Those tires are BAD A$$ CDR!!!

Did you add the R/T stripes recently? Don't recall seeing them on your Charger before.

Thankfully you're not doing mini tubs, I hate to see you cut that car.

Good luck on your eye surgery  :scope:

69wannabe

Quote from: cdr on September 26, 2017, 11:28:44 PM

Thanks for the compliments , no mini tub for me, this car is my daily driver, the pictures dont show it but the tires are inside the wheel wells, it should hook at the track now, I wont know till sometime in November after my eye surgery .

Hope your surgery goes well, once again love the car!!! The 68 always looks great dressed in black!!!

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

cdr

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on September 27, 2017, 06:57:15 PM
Hope you surgery goes great Charlie.
Quote from: 69wannabe on September 27, 2017, 06:44:32 PM
Quote from: cdr on September 26, 2017, 11:28:44 PM

Hope your surgery goes well, once again love the car!!! The 68 always looks great dressed in black!!!
Quote from: VegasCharger on September 27, 2017, 03:40:13 AM
Quote from: cdr on September 26, 2017, 07:00:51 PM

Those tires are BAD A$$ CDR!!!

Did you add the R/T stripes recently? Don't recall seeing them on your Charger before.

Thankfully you're not doing mini tubs, I hate to see you cut that car.

Good luck on your eye surgery  :scope:

Thanks Guys, yes the stripe is new, will keep y'all posted.

UH60L

Haven't been on in a while.  It's been a busy year.  Long story short, the last thing I did with the charger was take it to the Saturday Oktoberfest car show in Mt Angel, Oregon.  Dang if I didn't win best mopar, even with no interior or side glass installed yet!    I guess they loved the General.  The trophy was a beer stein, with a '69 Charger on it!

I even had a very attractive 40-ish "could have been Daisy Duke" have her picture taken in several different poses with my car. 

VegasCharger

Quote from: UH60L on November 08, 2017, 12:55:22 AM
Dang if I didn't win best mopar, even with no interior or side glass installed yet!    I guess they loved the General.  The trophy was a beer stein, with a '69 Charger on it!

Congrats  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Quote from: UH60L on November 08, 2017, 12:55:22 AM
I even had a very attractive 40-ish "could have been Daisy Duke" have her picture taken in several different poses with my car. 

Pics  :shruggy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0YIJQ1jgEI

71charger_fan

I hadn't even started for almost 2 months, but got it out, washed it, and took it on Saturday to what was likely the last local show of the year.

71charger_fan

Started de-trimming the '71 for paint again. I just am not happy with the quality of the last repaint.

NHCharger

After a lot of thinking that I didn't like the el cheapo fiberglass Z brackets that I bought that are supposed to hold the nose cone in place I bought $60.00 work of steel and built a custom bracket for the nose cone to hang off of. Very happy with the result. This is the first time the nose has been attached to the car since I took it apart two years ago. Now I need to take it all apart again to install the motor.
But the reassembly should be easy since this is now been test fitted.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Harper

1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

F8-4life

303 Mopar

Shot this video with my buddies drone.  Those things are a lot harder to fly than they look!

https://youtu.be/6kl7y2YJX6o
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

cdr

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 08, 2018, 10:50:01 AM
Shot this video with my buddies drone.  Those things are a lot harder to fly than they look!

https://youtu.be/6kl7y2YJX6o

:2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

b5blue

I finally installed re covered rear seats with the used side cards.  :2thumbs:

VegasCharger

I finally got around to switching out my glove box latch from the early 68 (wire loop style) to the late 68/69 screen door type. Wow what a difference! Like night & day! Had to drill two new holes due to the screen door latch having a wider base. Instead of using the threaded plate the catches the sheet metal screws that floats under the dash frame, I just drilled holes sized correctly where the sheet metal screws would tighten up w/o stripping into the dash frame. If for some reason in the future that the screws would eventually strip out, I would drill out the holes bigger and put the plate in there like the factory did. Or I could put some sort of thread glue on the screws to prevent them working loose, thus not having a reason to keep tightening them up.

The glove box door I have is different from the original one that came with the car as well as the lock cylinder. Meaning I will have a different key than the one for my trunk /console. Not a biggie my Charger will just become a three key family lol.

FYI my early '68 style latch is available for the purist. Wire loop, plate and screws as seen in the first pic.

:cheers:

TexasStroker

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!