News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

kikgas01

My speedometer bounces though. Thinking it might be that way because it is still running through the cruise control under the hood. Think I will bypass it just to check it out.

JB400

Quote from: kikgas01 on November 06, 2012, 04:54:50 PM
My speedometer bounces though. Thinking it might be that way because it is still running through the cruise control under the hood. Think I will bypass it just to check it out.
Did you try tightening the spring on the speedo?

nvrbdn

new gas tank in now. just got my wood grain steering wheel. got to get it ready to install. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

mauve66

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on November 06, 2012, 07:40:33 AM
I put the car cover over Black Betty in the garage just before Sandy just to keep stuff from getting blown around.

Sinnamon was spotted the other week trying to catch some rays and trying to grow a Superbird wing.

superbird...................???? oh blasphemer thou hast committed an error........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

kikgas01

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 06, 2012, 05:06:56 PM
Quote from: kikgas01 on November 06, 2012, 04:54:50 PM
Did you try tightening the spring on the speedo?
Not just yet. I am trying to try everything else before pulling the cluster because all of my gauges work including the clock and dash lights.

MoparMotel

Took the car for a nice cruise Saturday, ran great! Same thing, only stop was at Chevron to fill up with some premium. Man switching from the factory Carter 4401 AVS to the Holley 770 street avenger I noticed a big drop in fuel mileage, but I don't mind it the Holley has such great throttle response and performance compared to the carter I'll gladly put a few extra gallons in it   :coolgleamA:
1968 Dodge Charger

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: mauve66 on November 06, 2012, 07:10:55 PM
Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on November 06, 2012, 07:40:33 AM
I put the car cover over Black Betty in the garage just before Sandy just to keep stuff from getting blown around.

Sinnamon was spotted the other week trying to catch some rays and trying to grow a Superbird wing.

superbird...................???? oh blasphemer thou hast committed an error........................

If you look closely you can make out the actual Superbird parked behind Sinnamon. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

moparguy01

last winter I tore it apart and had a 10 point rollcage installed. since then I've sandblasted, painted and redone the seats. The chassis guy is working on the wiring right now. all new harness, trying to hide as much as possible in the engine bay. swapped over to a 1 wire alternator, relaying the headlights, etc. I've got the parts to go through the engine again to make sure its all good, just waiting on the time to do it. I've also been building a new gauge cluster with all autometer gauges, as well as custom molding 3 gauge pods into the factory dashpad. I've also had to modify the stock dash since the a pillar bars goes through it.

as soon as the car gets back to my place the interior will be going in the car alone with some sound deadening. yes. a 10 point cage with sound deadening. Its also going to get a full factory interior, air conditioning, power windows, and cruise control. why? well why not. :icon_smile_big:

I've got alot of work ahead of me, but its coming along good so far.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

JB400

nvrbdn

little spot of wax on the driver side trunk lid edge. see it? its right there. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

If Fred can't spot the cat, there's no way he can spot wax.  He should have asked the Mrs. to wash the car.

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 06, 2012, 11:01:56 PM
little spot of wax on the driver side trunk lid edge. see it? its right there. :shruggy:

As a matter of fact Jim, the Mrs. pointed that out to me when she got back from shopping. I told her I left it there deliberately so that she could inform me of it in her capacity as supervisor (at which she's so good  :icon_smile_big:)  and I guess you must have spotted it just before I took care of it. 

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 06, 2012, 11:03:37 PM
If Fred can't spot the cat, there's no way he can spot wax.  He should have asked the Mrs. to wash the car.

She prefers to supervise! (she's so good at it)

Fred

Chippa

Decided to drive my girl to a work bbq on Sat and it pissed down with rain  :brickwall: which i have said from the start it would never see rain....oh well It saw its first and last shower with W.A rain  :cheers:

Took her home and apoligized to her and spent the next 3 hrs cleaning

Fred

Weather is so unpredictable at the moment. I'm missing out on plenty of drives because it looks like it could rain any given moment..........it doesn't though......not unless I actually take her out.

Gave mine it's annual wash because even though I don't take her out in the rain (if I can help it), after a time there is a bit of a build up of film and she no longer looks her best.  Can't have that.

Dino

Why is everyone so afraid of rain?  You wash your cars don't you?  You drive it in humid summers do you not?  Maintain the car and it will last forever.  I enjoy my car in the rain as much as in the sun. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

Quote from: moparguy01 on November 06, 2012, 10:28:34 PM
last winter I tore it apart and had a 10 point rollcage installed. since then I've sandblasted, painted and redone the seats. The chassis guy is working on the wiring right now. all new harness, trying to hide as much as possible in the engine bay. swapped over to a 1 wire alternator, relaying the headlights, etc. I've got the parts to go through the engine again to make sure its all good, just waiting on the time to do it. I've also been building a new gauge cluster with all autometer gauges, as well as custom molding 3 gauge pods into the factory dashpad. I've also had to modify the stock dash since the a pillar bars goes through it.

as soon as the car gets back to my place the interior will be going in the car alone with some sound deadening. yes. a 10 point cage with sound deadening. Its also going to get a full factory interior, air conditioning, power windows, and cruise control. why? well why not. :icon_smile_big:

I've got alot of work ahead of me, but its coming along good so far.

Well somebody's been busy!  Which car is this?  I though you sold your 3rd gen?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

kikgas01

Quote from: Dino on November 07, 2012, 07:49:07 AM
Why is everyone so afraid of rain?  You wash your cars don't you?  You drive it in humid summers do you not?  Maintain the car and it will last forever.  I enjoy my car in the rain as much as in the sun. 
Because water gets in places you cant get dry and starts rusting. You will find out in a few years. I have seen it over and over again. Just like people with old cars at the car wash.... water goes into the trunk, down into the quarters, water runs down the rear side windows into the quarters(in front of the rear wheels) and sits there until it drys out. That is BAD for metal. Mine don`t get wet.... Oh yeah it sits under the rear window trim and rots that out too....

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: kikgas01 on November 07, 2012, 08:39:07 AM
Quote from: Dino on November 07, 2012, 07:49:07 AM
Because water gets in places you cant get dry and starts rusting. You will find out in a few years. I have seen it over and over again. Just like people with old cars at the car wash.... water goes into the trunk, down into the quarters, water runs down the rear side windows into the quarters(in front of the rear wheels) and sits there until it drys out. That is BAD for metal. Mine don`t get wet.... Oh yeah it sits under the rear window trim and rots that out too....

Yep. THe problem with "MOST" of them is they wash them and then take them home and park them in the garage. It takes alot of driving to get the car dried back out. usually they are still damp and the rot bug goes to work.

Pepole alway say " whats the rain gonna make it melt?"

Well, Yea, it kinda does.....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............