News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on July 02, 2013, 06:50:31 AM
Quote from: Dino on July 02, 2013, 06:47:27 AM
I parked it!  That's right, I finally did it.  I took it off the road and it's not going back on likely until next year.  Time to do some work on this thing.

oh come on now Dino your gonna miss it dude...I had mine parked for 4 weeks now and it kills me.

Arrghh don't do that!   :eek2:   :lol:

I'm having a hard enough time as it is.  I really don't want to take it off the road but I have to.  I can do a lot of things to it by next season and then it'll be much closer to what I want it to be. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1974dodgecharger

I should be in MI next year this time with my 68...by then I should have mine the way I want also, but while Im up there hopefully use my parents garage to remove some old under coating and then have it POR 15 the whole under carriage. 

Dino

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on July 02, 2013, 06:58:50 AM
I should be in MI next year this time with my 68...by then I should have mine the way I want also, but while Im up there hopefully use my parents garage to remove some old under coating and then have it POR 15 the whole under carriage. 

Cool!  I see a 68 -69 photoshoot in our future!   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Memphis Mopar

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cdr

put my bump steer kit on the rack & pinion & front brakes.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Memphis Mopar

@ Just 6T9 CHGR... ordered the Foose Knights last week.. turn around time to get them cut is 5 to 8 weeks.

WHITE AND RED 69

Cleaned up the engine bay and installed some new valve covers.   :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

1974dodgecharger

well fck me u got air, im so jelous its like 110 to 115 right now in phoenix.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on July 05, 2013, 03:50:36 PM
well fck me u got air, im so jelous its like 110 to 115 right now in phoenix.

Don't be too jealous, I still haven't got the system charged so no cold air for me yet.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

fy469rtse

Quote from: greenpigs on July 03, 2013, 05:40:58 AM
Got 6 LED lights for my tail lights.
I have just done that too , chromed the cast housing on the inside like glass for reflection of light , great effect, post some pictures when you have got one side in to show the guys, I have tried and for some reason couldn't load photos , well worth doing , also used the LEDs in strip form stuck the under side of boot lip edge for a better trunk light , now when I open the boot, it's like the second coming, I think I used too many lol

greenpigs

Well one of the bulbs connector only has one contact and my led lights have 2 so I only replaced 4 lights.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

fy469rtse

That's ok keep looking , had the same issue , you can get them , on eBay , I think Chinese seller , sorry would be great made in the USA or Australia but neither country makes much these days , , just watch out there's a batch that there flogging off with the pins are wrong , not off set to 15 d fitting , just look at the photos for detail so you don't waste your money, don't ask me how I know ,

fy469rtse

Finally bought remaining parts to start putting my transmission together , all high dollar parts to survive 645 up, 689 foot pound , bill it servos , 4 & 6 gear planetarys , steel drum , hardened input and out put shafts, Kevlar bands , getting the housing hot tanked , lightened sun gear , list go's on and on , will be nice to put it in and move on to the next part , drive shaft, exhaust , once trans in will lift engine and do that engine mount fix I have see on here, engine in car is a edelbrock victor headed and victor intake  505 stroker, so far so good , 

Kern Dog

I've been trying to make the car run better on pump premium, which is 91 here in CA.
The engine is a 440 based 493 with 10.7 compression and Edelbrock 84 cc heads.
People tell me my cam is too small. I'm starting to believe them.

440mike

Pulled the 383 out of my '67 and dropped in a frsh stout 440!  should be running tonight.   I hope!  always something going on to keep me out of the garage it seems! ;D
67 Charger, current muscle,
66 383 4 speed Coronet 500
68&69 GTS Darts
440 69 Dart
68&70&72 Road Runners
396 Chevelle
455 68 442
67 440 GTX
340 4SPEED & AUTO 73 Dart Sports
340 71 Demon
66 Mustang coupe.
76 Camaro R/S T-top car
75 400 Firebird
past muscle cars

GOTWING

Absolutely nothing, but I'm gonna restore it someday. :D

HeavyFuel

Fired up the engine on Saturday.  First time in about eight years (complete resto of car).

It's like falling in love all over again.      :icon_smile_wink:

pete

I'm thinking about firing mine up again.  It's been a LONG time.

myk

Drove it all day on Sunday.  I don't even want to know how much I spent on gas.  Who cares, it was fun...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Rosco

Moved it from the old house to the new house.
Now it's only struggling for space lengthways, not lengthways AND sideways  :P

Also, it's in a proper garage now so once I finish unpacking everything else, I can make a proper start on the resto! - the girlfriend seems to think that having all the clothes in drawers and cutlery and bowls in the cupboards is more important than working on the car... Women, huh?  :eyes:
"She needs premium, Dude! PREMIUM!!"

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

I started on the headlights again.  The stop limiters quit working on one side so I just left them in the open position for a little while since I want to sell it anyway.  But I can't stand having something not work correctly on the car especially when its one of the signature features of it.