News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexxman

Putting the finishing touches my engine and building a start stand. This time next week I should hear to run. :icon_smile_big:

70 Charger RT

70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

myk

Rolled out just one of the new wheels that came in today and put it up against the Charger to see how it looks.  Personally, I can't wait 'till tomorrow to bolt 'em on...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Chippa

Went to back her out to go for a run today From Perth to Freo and after a couple of minutes of warming up then seeing some smoke start to come out from under the car i quickly realized that i had left a rag stuffed in between the collectors when i had been working on it  :brickwall: :brickwall: :eek2: :slap:

Needless to say it was removed quick smart, what a stooge

mauve66

Quote from: Chippa on September 08, 2013, 07:25:43 AM
Went to back her out to go for a run today From Perth to Freo and after a couple of minutes of warming up then seeing some smoke start to come out from under the car i quickly realized that i had left a rag stuffed in between the collectors when i had been working on it  :brickwall: :brickwall: :eek2: :slap:

Needless to say it was removed quick smart, what a stooge

better than thinking it was just a little drop of oil and thinking, the faster you go the quicker it'll burn off..............
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Charger-Bodie

I installed an NOS 68 tail panel into my 68 R/t that had 69 tail lights.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Chippa

Oh and a new 3" intermediate system into 3" S/S mufflers and then 2 1/2 " back to Tips :)
Yay!!!! Spring is here in the West  :cheers:

el dub

Looking good. I'm still at body work but getting closer.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

myk

Chippa your car's underside looks great.

'Dub keep it coming man-love the Outlaw wheels.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying my new wheels.

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

myk

grdprx

I attempted my first Power Brake...

Dino

Quote from: myk on September 09, 2013, 02:23:38 PM
Chippa your car's underside looks great.

'Dub keep it coming man-love the Outlaw wheels.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying my new wheels.

Butt ugly wheels man, not sure why you'd buy something like that.    :smilielol:

Looking real good there, what sizes did you end up getting?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

Installed 3/8 fuel line with 1/4 return.  Still have to install modified sending unit, new fuel pump and vapor separator.

Also pulled the instrument cluster to repair 2 bulbs, calibrate gauges and convert clock to quartz.

Doing the alternator upgrade and ammeter bypass.  I'm currently pulling the engine wiring, mainly to clean it up and do a few mods to eliminate balance resistor and orange box.

Loads more has been done, loads more still in the making.  I've driven this car a lot in the last few years so time to do the work and hopefully I'll get most done by next spring.

myk

Quote from: Dino on September 10, 2013, 11:18:52 AM
Installed 3/8 fuel line with 1/4 return.  Still have to install modified sending unit, new fuel pump and vapor separator.

Also pulled the instrument cluster to repair 2 bulbs, calibrate gauges and convert clock to quartz.

Doing the alternator upgrade and ammeter bypass.  I'm currently pulling the engine wiring, mainly to clean it up and do a few mods to eliminate balance resistor and orange box.

Loads more has been done, loads more still in the making.  I've driven this car a lot in the last few years so time to do the work and hopefully I'll get most done by next spring.

Did you figure out your bracket issues for the new 'alt? 

As for the wheels they're 18x8, and the tires are 245/45-18.  I might have tried staggering but the offsets and sizes for our wheels aren't very helpful so it is what it is.  Thanks again for steering me in the proper direction; I should've done this YEARS ago...

Dino

Quote from: myk on September 10, 2013, 01:18:03 PM

As for the wheels they're 18x8, and the tires are 245/45-18.  I might have tried staggering but the offsets and sizes for our wheels aren't very helpful so it is what it is.  Thanks again for steering me in the proper direction; I should've done this YEARS ago...

You're most welcome.  The wheels look great on your car.   :2thumbs:

I have the alt in place provisionally.  The top bracket works if I have it behind the first ear of the alt.  I also need a 1/4" spacer, or aq bit less, to keep it there.  The battery stud on the back of the alt does not hit the block but it's close so I'll cut off a little bit to be safe.  The back of the alt itself is really really close but that's ok, it's ground anyway.

The slider bracket is too short.  I forgot to reply to you when you said yours was about the same size, thanks for checking that.  I'll need a longer slider somehow, I may get something aftermarket and adjust it to fit.  I don't want to cut up my a/c bracket if I can help it.

With a new slider bracket I won't even have to change the belts so it should work out just fine but I'll need a total + 3"+ spacer to cut up so I can have the alt exactly where I need it.  I may need to bring the a/c compressor forward a hair as the belts are not completely in line but it doesn't seem bad enough to throw them off either.  I'll know when all is bolted down properly.

speedfreak68

Got the rear wheels machined and tires mounted up. Heeres some pics.

front tires need to be a little bigger, but it's progress

myk

Quote from: Dino on September 10, 2013, 01:30:25 PM
Quote from: myk on September 10, 2013, 01:18:03 PM

You're most welcome.  The wheels look great on your car.   :2thumbs:

I have the alt in place provisionally.  The top bracket works if I have it behind the first ear of the alt.  I also need a 1/4" spacer, or aq bit less, to keep it there.  The battery stud on the back of the alt does not hit the block but it's close so I'll cut off a little bit to be safe.  The back of the alt itself is really really close but that's ok, it's ground anyway.

The slider bracket is too short.  I forgot to reply to you when you said yours was about the same size, thanks for checking that.  I'll need a longer slider somehow, I may get something aftermarket and adjust it to fit.  I don't want to cut up my a/c bracket if I can help it.

With a new slider bracket I won't even have to change the belts so it should work out just fine but I'll need a total + 3"+ spacer to cut up so I can have the alt exactly where I need it.  I may need to bring the a/c compressor forward a hair as the belts are not completely in line but it doesn't seem bad enough to throw them off either.  I'll know when all is bolted down properly.

I recall reading somewhere that a person used a generic parts-store slider bracket; might've even been a GM based piece too.  I know that sounds tacky but it worked...

Dino

Sometimes the GM part works best.  I have no problem with a GM or Ford part on my car.  Brand loyalty is not in my book.  I'll scour the part stores with my bracket to see if something may work, thanks for the tip!   :cheers:

myk

Quote from: Dino on September 10, 2013, 02:24:41 PM
Sometimes the GM part works best.  I have no problem with a GM or Ford part on my car.  Brand loyalty is not in my book.  I'll scour the part stores with my bracket to see if something may work, thanks for the tip!   :cheers:

Cool.  Looks like my Charger with the GM internally regulated 'alt and Ford brake proportioning valve would get along with your car, lol.

You know, I swore I wouldn't do this for a variety of reasons, but I've been driving the Charger around every day since I put the new wheels and tires on.  I love these cars!

Dino

Quote from: myk on September 12, 2013, 03:28:14 AM
Quote from: Dino on September 10, 2013, 02:24:41 PM

Cool.  Looks like my Charger with the GM internally regulated 'alt and Ford brake proportioning valve would get along with your car, lol.

You know, I swore I wouldn't do this for a variety of reasons, but I've been driving the Charger around every day since I put the new wheels and tires on.  I love these cars!

I checked my car with a magnifying glass now that it's on stands and it looks exactly like the day I bought it.  I've put around 6000 miles on it and a lot of that was in the rain.  They can take it and they were built for it.  I can only look at the car for so long until it's starts itching.  Every day I have to fight the urge to put it back together and drive!   :lol: