News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dino on September 12, 2013, 06:44:11 AM
Quote from: myk on September 12, 2013, 03:28:14 AM
Quote from: Dino on September 10, 2013, 02:24:41 PM
Sometimes the GM part works best.  I have no problem with a GM or Ford part on my car.  Brand loyalty is not in my book.  I'll scour the part stores with my bracket to see if something may work, thanks for the tip!   :cheers:

Cool.  Looks like my Charger with the GM internally regulated 'alt and Ford brake proportioning valve would get along with your car, lol.

You know, I swore I wouldn't do this for a variety of reasons, but I've been driving the Charger around every day since I put the new wheels and tires on.  I love these cars!

I checked my car with a magnifying glass now that it's on stands and it looks exactly like the day I bought it.  I've put around 6000 miles on it and a lot of that was in the rain.  They can take it and they were built for it.  I can only look at the car for so long until it's starts itching.  Every day I have to fight the urge to put it back together and drive!   :lol:

THe key is to keep driving it. If they are wet and stting all the time they will rot out fast, but if you drive them after they get wet it gets a chance to dry back out. The worst thing you can do(other than drive in salt) is wash the car and then put it away.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dino

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on September 12, 2013, 06:55:29 AM
Quote from: Dino on September 12, 2013, 06:44:11 AM
Quote from: myk on September 12, 2013, 03:28:14 AM
Quote from: Dino on September 10, 2013, 02:24:41 PM
Sometimes the GM part works best.  I have no problem with a GM or Ford part on my car.  Brand loyalty is not in my book.  I'll scour the part stores with my bracket to see if something may work, thanks for the tip!   :cheers:

Cool.  Looks like my Charger with the GM internally regulated 'alt and Ford brake proportioning valve would get along with your car, lol.

You know, I swore I wouldn't do this for a variety of reasons, but I've been driving the Charger around every day since I put the new wheels and tires on.  I love these cars!

I checked my car with a magnifying glass now that it's on stands and it looks exactly like the day I bought it.  I've put around 6000 miles on it and a lot of that was in the rain.  They can take it and they were built for it.  I can only look at the car for so long until it's starts itching.  Every day I have to fight the urge to put it back together and drive!   :lol:

THe key is to keep driving it. If they are wet and stting all the time they will rot out fast, but if you drive them after they get wet it gets a chance to dry back out. The worst thing you can do(other than drive in salt) is wash the car and then put it away.

That's exactly right!  I told all my customers back then that the worst they could do is stick it under a cover and forget about it.  Drive those damn things!

I don't drive in salt, that's just asking for trouble, but I do drive it in the rain plenty.  I do make it a habit to run it through the touch less car wash when I know the underside is all muddy.  It has a great undercarriage spray and I pretty much have blow dried the car by the time I get home.

To be honest I was surprised it still looked as it did.  I'm going to touch up two spots where the undercoating is starting to lift (close to the header) but that'll be it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

You guys are right as rain, as usual.  These days I'm always finding excuses not to drive or even touch the car: too many dangerous drivers on the road, too many waiting car thieves, too expensive, too much of a hassle, on and on.  Sometimes, I think I was a better Charger owner back in the 90's, when I daily drove this monster for 5 years in college and didn't give a damn about any of the aforementioned stuff and literally drove it like I stole it.  Sleeping, eating, and living out of the car was the 'norm and I never thought twice about it, unlike today where if the wind blows on the car I start flapping my arms around in screaming in horror.  Ah well, gotta find that balance... :yesnod:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

Quote from: myk on September 12, 2013, 01:26:42 PM
You guys are right as rain, as usual.  These days I'm always finding excuses not to drive or even touch the car: too many dangerous drivers on the road, too many waiting car thieves, too expensive, too much of a hassle, on and on.  Sometimes, I think I was a better Charger owner back in the 90's, when I daily drove this monster for 5 years in college and didn't give a damn about any of the aforementioned stuff and literally drove it like I stole it.  Sleeping, eating, and living out of the car was the 'norm and I never thought twice about it, unlike today where if the wind blows on the car I start flapping my arms around in screaming in horror.  Ah well, gotta find that balance... :yesnod:

Too bad you're so far away man, I'd pick you up in my beater so we could go cruisin'!

myk

Beater?  As far as I can tell your car's bus-lengths ahead of my car in the kind of shape it's in.  Keep in mind that it was your pictures in your wheel/tire thread that I stared at for HOURS as I finally made the decision to follow suit with my car... :2thumbs:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

Quote from: myk on September 12, 2013, 01:40:15 PM
Beater?  As far as I can tell your car's bus-lengths ahead of my car in the kind of shape it's in.  Keep in mind that it was your pictures in your wheel/tire thread that I stared at for HOURS as I finally made the decision to follow suit with my car... :2thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words but your car has actual shiny paint and mine...well... :icon_smile_big:

I also rarely post a pic of my interior, although they can be found on this site.  Nothing to brag about there either.   :lol:

myk

Quote from: Dino on September 12, 2013, 01:43:56 PM

Thanks for the kind words but your car has actual shiny paint and mine...well... :icon_smile_big:

I also rarely post a pic of my interior, although they can be found on this site.  Nothing to brag about there either.   :lol:

I've still got things to finish/work on also.  We'll get there Dirk, we'll get there... :cheers:

Dino

Quote from: myk on September 12, 2013, 02:03:11 PM
Quote from: Dino on September 12, 2013, 01:43:56 PM

I've still got things to finish/work on also.  We'll get there Dirk, we'll get there... :cheers:

That's right buddy!  One bolt at a time!

GordonGriggs

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

myk

Figured out the 15 year old "sun visor problem" and took the bumperettes off of the front and back of the car.  Now, I have some lovely holes on my rear bumper... :eek2:

Musicman

I welded the new cross member in this morning...

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

lexxman

Woo Hoo I started my engine for the first time today. I friend and I  fired it up in the driveway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkSrecFnt8c

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bob T

I drove it 80 miles out to a mates Chrysler shed out in the sticks to help spanner on another mates 68 Dart 360 auto to manual conversion. Black with 15" cops, dog dish and redlines  :icon_smile_cool:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

:2thumbs: excellent!

I cleaned my tyres    and shampooed the battery.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

myk

The Charger and I went to the Coronado Speed Festival, marking three weeks straight of driving the Charger and a max'ed out gas credit card.  I love, love, LOVE how 99% of the time I'm the only Charger of any year to be seen.  I did find a few other friends though:

That was about it for the Mopar representation, not including new ones like the latest Challenger.  There were countless other cars, mostly Vette's, Mustang's and Cobra's; I ran out of battery power for the camera. 

BTW, how does a brand new SVT Raptor pickup win a trophy at a car show and get a victory lap around the race course?  What possible class could it win?  Newest car from the dealership-what?   :shruggy:

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on September 23, 2013, 12:07:32 AM
don't forget to hover the mud flaps ted    ;)

But I haven't got a Kingswood..........will it work on the charger? No, wait a minute.........the charger doesn't have flaps.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Dino

I managed to spend about 30 minutes working on the car this weekend and ended up with dirty hands and no real evidence of anything else...dammit...

I did order a big ANL fuse holder so next step is figuring out where to mount it and then finally order all the wiring I need to do this upgrade.  Slowly but surely...

GOTWING

I peeled back the cover yesterday to make sure it was still there, yup it was. That's about it, still collecting anything nos for it, and hoping to find rust free full ΒΌ's since AMD doesn't think 73's are worthy of being restored.  :flame: ( was my 1st car 29 years ago )