News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

Quote from: 74Rallye on September 29, 2013, 06:08:40 PM
I got the 4sp into my 74. Now there's about 100 little details to wrap up. 

Cool! Sometimes I regret going with an overdrive auto and not switching over to a manual.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

74Rallye

Thanks, I need some positive motivation after the beating I took putting it in by myself. A buddy loaned me a trans jack, but I couldn't get the car up high enough to use it.
Today I was putting the engine bay back together and noticed that my friend that helped pull the engine labeled the ziplock bags: bolts, nuts, washers & spacers. Not exactly what I meant when I said label everything. :eyes:

cdr

Quote from: 74Rallye on September 29, 2013, 07:11:38 PM
Thanks, I need some positive motivation after the beating I took putting it in by myself. A buddy loaned me a trans jack, but I couldn't get the car up high enough to use it.
Today I was putting the engine bay back together and noticed that my friend that helped pull the engine labeled the ziplock bags: bolts, nuts, washers & spacers. Not exactly what I meant when I said label everything. :eyes:

:slap:   :icon_smile_big:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Fred

Quote from: 74Rallye on September 29, 2013, 07:11:38 PM

OMG!  :slap:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: Dino on September 29, 2013, 07:13:10 AM
Quote from: myk on September 29, 2013, 06:05:41 AM
Again thanks for the kind words, guys.  I still have a ways to go with the car, but I have to admit that whatever progress I've made is because of all of you here... :cheers:

How often do some of you guys do shows/cruises?  

Let's see...shows so far:  None, zip, nadda, zero.   :smilielol:

Same here. Not anymore. If I go it's just to look at other peoples cars but I leave from at home.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

myk

Quote from: Fred on September 29, 2013, 08:13:15 PM
Again thanks for the kind words, guys.  I still have a ways to go with the car, but I have to admit that whatever progress I've made is because of all of you here... :cheers:

Same here. Not anymore. If I go it's just to look at other peoples cars but I leave from at home.

How come, if you don't mind my asking?  Personally, I tend to get over it really quick, especially if it's a car show.  I mean...we're just sitting there, lol.  At least the cruises have moving scenery, and if you want you can get your ego stroked by going up the boulevard a few times; nothing like watching people take pictures, film, yell and other stuff as you're driving through.. :icon_smile_cool:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

Quote from: myk on September 30, 2013, 01:46:40 AM
Quote from: Fred on September 29, 2013, 08:13:15 PM

How come, if you don't mind my asking?  Personally, I tend to get over it really quick, especially if it's a car show.  I mean...we're just sitting there, lol.  At least the cruises have moving scenery, and if you want you can get your ego stroked by going up the boulevard a few times; nothing like watching people take pictures, film, yell and other stuff as you're driving through.. :icon_smile_cool:

For me, I just don't enjoy the car scene anymore.  I had my fun with meets and shows and clubs and now all I want to do is work on it (play) and drive it (play more).  The ONLY reason I would go to a show is to meet some of the members here but that's it.

I enjoy swap meets but don't tend to go unless I need something or I have really nothing better to do.  I wouldn't know what to do with myself at a car show.  I do like to visit places like the Gilmore where the mopar at red barns is every year.  The museum itself has some really cool and rare pre 50's cars worth watching.  I've never been to the actual mopar meet though.  Probably never will.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

nvrbdn

sorry to hear that dino. but to each their own. i love monster mopar (when it was in st. louis) love to watch the drag racing. dig through the swap meet, check out the car corral, and walk among the show cars. its heaven to me.
       this was the first time i registered at a show. and probably wont again. loved the attention the car got. many people taking pic,s with family members standing by the car. but wanting to leave when im ready will be on the agenda from now on. dont need no door prizes or trophies. so no need to sit till the end.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargerboy69

Quote from: Dino on September 30, 2013, 07:32:46 AM

For me, I just don't enjoy the car scene anymore.  I had my fun with meets and shows and clubs and now all I want to do is work on it (play) and drive it (play more).  The ONLY reason I would go to a show is to meet some of the members here but that's it.

I enjoy swap meets but don't tend to go unless I need something or I have really nothing better to do.  I wouldn't know what to do with myself at a car show.  I do like to visit places like the Gilmore where the mopar at red barns is every year.  The museum itself has some really cool and rare pre 50's cars worth watching.  I've never been to the actual mopar meet though.  Probably never will.

I totally agree.  I have done three shows this year and only one was actually fun.  The shows are nothing but the same older guys sitting around telling the same old stories I heard 10 years ago.  I mean really, how many times can we talk about the adjustment screws on a 58 Olds carburetor ( or insert some other bulls#!t story)?  And then the music. .  the music just sucks.  When I hear that s#!t suckin song "Little GTO" I want to scream.

I don't know, but my interest are definitely changing the older I am getting.  Lately the only thing I have done to the Charger is think about selling it.  :-\
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

freddyd02

Ohh only just dropped the motor in  :icon_smile_big:

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

jaak

New trunk pans, new left trunk extension, and patched lower couple of inches of the wheel houses.

Jason

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

el dub

Getting closer, tomorrow wet sand. Starting to get a little excited.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Mopar Nut

Quote from: el dub on September 30, 2013, 11:59:25 PM
Getting closer, tomorrow wet sand. Starting to get a little excited.
Coming along nicely!   :2thumbs: 

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

sanders7981

Sadly...nothing for the last 7 months, Because I am deployed.

el dub

Quote from: freddyd02 on September 30, 2013, 05:53:25 PM
Ohh only just dropped the motor in  :icon_smile_big:

Freddy, did you cut your frame rails to move the leaf springs inboard?  looks good.  lw

el dub

I bought some paint yesterday. I was researching this forum and saw this color and had to have it. Snakeskin green.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

cdr

you better get that paint on the car ASAP,before stuart steals the paint.   :smilielol:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

69wannabe

Just been driving it around some lately! ;D Has been a little sluggish so checked the timing and it was lower than I remember it being when I checked it last. Pulled it up bout 3 degrees and drove it out and it was lots better but had to pull the distributor and limit the total advance a little more cause it was slightly pinging after I pulled the timing up. My second drive out no more pinging and my initinal timing is where I want it to be. Time to ride some more after I stop for gas of course!! :yesnod:

el dub

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 02, 2013, 07:14:13 PM
That will look cool.

Thanks, I'm hoping so. I was looking at a chevy color for a while. Synergy green from the Camaro. The guy at the paint shop had his truck that color and it looked real nice.  I think the viper color is nicer though.

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

BrianShaughnessy

Used up 4 cans of Eastwood internal frame coating on Sinnamon yesterday...  I could use a couple more for the rockers.  I made a mess but it cleaned up with cheap lacquer thinner.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.