News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty mike mike

Quote from: myk on September 29, 2013, 01:56:54 PM
Hmm...I guess San Diego Mopar guys are recluses lol.  In any case, you gotta love the late-model stuff; especially when it's a designated "'74 and older" show and a brand new Ford SVT Raptor with dealer plates tries to crash muscle car row... :lol:

Ever go to this one?

http://powaycruisers.com/in-n-out-burger-cruise-nite/

Dino

Quote from: myk on September 29, 2013, 01:31:37 PM
Quote from: Dino on September 29, 2013, 07:13:10 AM
Quote from: myk on September 29, 2013, 06:05:41 AM
Again thanks for the kind words, guys.  I still have a ways to go with the car, but I have to admit that whatever progress I've made is because of all of you here... :cheers:

How often do some of you guys do shows/cruises? 

I would say your car is at the stage it is at because you put the work in.  We're just here to distract you with silly stuff.   :lol:

The car looks great buddy.   :2thumbs:

Let's see...shows so far:  None, zip, nadda, zero.   :smilielol:

Really?  I thought you just put the car in dry dock recently?  Then again I didn't start going this year until September-missed about 5 months worth of shows/cruises so I'm not one to talk, lol.  Did you ever get your 'alt bracketry figured out?

It's still in dry dock and may be for a while to come.  I won't have all the work done that I wanted to do but the main stuff will be taken care off at least.  Besides I won't need it high up on the stands anymore when this stuff is done.

I haven't done much with the bracket so I'm going to visit a few auto parts stores to see if they have anything.  I really don't care what make car it comes from, as long as it works.  I 'could' alter my own bracket but don't want to ruin a stock a/c bracket.

The reason I didn't go to any shows is not because I'm working on the car, I just don't want to go.  There's tons of shows in my area and I avoid every single one of them.   :icon_smile_big:

I did take the car to a cruise close to my home to see what kind of cars where there.  The cruise is kinda like Woodward but a million times smaller, you just drive up and down the boulevard.  I drove around for about 10 minutes and got so bored I went back home.  I saw so many modern cars it turned me off right away. 

This may be my impression but do GM and Ford owners not return a compliment when you give them one?  I saw some real nice cars but when I gave them the thumbs up I did not get a return.  Either nobody likes my car or they won't respond because it's a different make.  If it's the latter then that is very sad.  We're all classic car people, who cares what brand you drive!

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

nvrbdn

i cant talk for them all, but as i was leaving the show saturday, a group of kids in a newer mustang at the stop light were honking to get my attention and giving thumbs up for the charger. made me feel good. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Dino

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 03, 2013, 10:19:45 AM
i cant talk for them all, but as i was leaving the show saturday, a group of kids in a newer mustang at the stop light were honking to get my attention and giving thumbs up for the charger. made me feel good. :2thumbs:

I totally forgot about this but 2 years ago I was sitting at a red light and these two kids in a new blacked out Mustang slowed down as they came by, honked and gave me the thumbs up.  It caught me by surprise but I was sure to return the favor.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

twenty mike mike

Finally installed the other headrest.

Installed a new fuel tank after priming the top and spraying it with black undercoating, then painting the bottom with a combination primer/semi-gloss black. Also installed a new sending unit with a fuel return. Sadly, it was before I read the very excellent article about how to modify sending units to be accurate.  :flame:

Installed an MSD throttle body EFI, along with a digital 6AL. I initially ran it as a non-return system, but have since installed a return line with an Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. With the stock 440 unsilenced air cleaner, it's hard to tell it's not a carb. Most people don't notice

Installed a Borgeson steering box with the Bergman adaptors.

Had a 402 oil pan and new pickup installed.

New torsion bars will be delivered today.

el dub

I got a little paint on the car finally.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

JB400

Glad to see your now experiencing things in color instead of grey :2thumbs:  Looks great

el dub

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

69wannabe

Actually drove my car for about  a 4 hour trip today. We rode to meet my son for lunch toward where he is going to college. It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive to his school but we met up in dawsonville which is a couple hours from here and only bout 30 to 40 mins from where he is. We had a good drive there and we made it back without having to haul it back which is awesome!!! My buddy followed me in his charger and we were getting alot of thums up and people on motorcycles were waving alot too. These old cars get noticed alot more than the chevy's and fords do for sure. It was great to get it out and take a little trip instead of just going round the block.  :icon_smile_big:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 69wannabe on October 05, 2013, 08:34:45 PM
Actually drove my car for about  a 4 hour trip today. We rode to meet my son for lunch toward where he is going to college. It is about a 2 1/2 hour drive to his school but we met up in dawsonville which is a couple hours from here and only bout 30 to 40 mins from where he is. We had a good drive there and we made it back without having to haul it back which is awesome!!! My buddy followed me in his charger and we were getting alot of thums up and people on motorcycles were waving alot too. These old cars get noticed alot more than the chevy's and fords do for sure. It was great to get it out and take a little trip instead of just going round the block.  :icon_smile_big:
:2thumbs:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

XH29N0G

Quote from: Dino on October 03, 2013, 10:49:34 AM
Quote from: nvrbdn on October 03, 2013, 10:19:45 AM

I totally forgot about this but 2 years ago I was sitting at a red light and these two kids in a new blacked out Mustang slowed down as they came by, honked and gave me the thumbs up.  It caught me by surprise but I was sure to return the favor.   :2thumbs:

Yep, same thing today.  Driving my son and a friend of his to a party and two kids in a mustang drove by taking pictures, and then slowed down again to thumbs up and call for me to step on it.  Several others gave stopped to chat out the window at a stop light.  Yesterday, similar things.  I think many people like these cars.  Work today, put in a pinion snubber and reset the idle and choke.  I am still working out the kinks.  PS is not leaking as much and I am still trying the Lucas leak stopper, but the rebuild kit is on the way.  Oh, also got back the 1981 BMW my son bought for a dollar from the neighbor with a new rotor - rear wheel wasn't tightened enough and without the reverse thread on drivers side.  The lugs unwound enough to drop the rear tire and keep running on the rotor for 150 yards.  Not good, but it was early enough so few were on the road and no one was hurt.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Fred

Transplanted the old tank sender from the 5/16 sender tube to new 3/8 ss tube.  Put it in the tank and bingo! now my gauge is spot on.
I'm happy as Larry even though I'm really Fred.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on October 05, 2013, 10:47:25 PM
Transplanted the old tank sender from the 5/16 sender tube to new 3/8 ss tube.  Put it in the tank and bingo! now my gauge is spot on.
So, you're not Jack.   :nana:

Fred

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 05, 2013, 11:28:32 PM
Quote from: Fred on October 05, 2013, 10:47:25 PM
So, you're not Jack.   :nana:

:smilielol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

myk

Quote from: twenty mike mike on October 03, 2013, 09:30:36 AM
Quote from: myk on September 29, 2013, 01:56:54 PM
Hmm...I guess San Diego Mopar guys are recluses lol.  In any case, you gotta love the late-model stuff; especially when it's a designated "'74 and older" show and a brand new Ford SVT Raptor with dealer plates tries to crash muscle car row... :lol:

Ever go to this one?

http://powaycruisers.com/in-n-out-burger-cruise-nite/

Never heard of that one-thanks for the heads up!

Quote from: Dino on October 03, 2013, 10:09:54 AM

This may be my impression but do GM and Ford owners not return a compliment when you give them one?  I saw some real nice cars but when I gave them the thumbs up I did not get a return.  Either nobody likes my car or they won't respond because it's a different make.  If it's the latter then that is very sad.  We're all classic car people, who cares what brand you drive!

Just another sad case of Charger-envy!
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

el dub

I finally got some paint on the car. Now maybe I can move forward a little faster. lw

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

nvrbdn

the new brake booster hit the house today. the vacuum reserve was picked up yesterday. i know what im doing tonight :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

myk

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 09, 2013, 01:42:34 PM
the new brake booster hit the house today. the vacuum reserve was picked up yesterday. i know what im doing tonight :2thumbs:

What reservoir did you get?  Is it a 'repro, custom or another can for another application?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

nvrbdn

i picked up a vacuum reserve from performance parts to assist my brakes with vacuum. it was 40.00 i have very little brakes with the cam i am running. if this works, great. if not, im going to go with the hydro boost hydraulic power brake booster. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Paul G

Lets see here. Replacement brake power booster and master cylinder, power steering pump with added cooler. Trans temp gauge. New, correct out put shaft yoke for the A518.  And a 400 watt amp soon to be installed.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#