News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyhawk61

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 14, 2013, 01:43:36 AM
Get rid of the two newer vehicles, and it'd look like it was 1970

I had exactly the same thought when I took the photo.

Ryan.C

put a little rust inhibitor on the wheel house cover.
should have the quarter mounted in a day or two
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

blueskydark

All warmed up for a Sunday afternoon drive... a very happy mopar indeed :)
1968 Dodge Charger Survivor

Fred

Dino

Quote from: blueskydark on November 14, 2013, 06:42:08 PM

Gorgeous!  Is that R6 or the 68 equivalent (RR1?)?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

blueskydark

Quote from: Dino on November 15, 2013, 10:24:43 AM

Thank you! original paint. RR1
1968 Dodge Charger Survivor

Dino

Quote from: blueskydark on November 15, 2013, 10:39:30 AM
Quote from: Dino on November 15, 2013, 10:24:43 AM

Thank you! original paint. RR1

If ever my 69 gets a factory color again, it may well be that one!  Although it would have to be R6 to make it official.   :icon_smile_big:

Stunning color.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

lisiecki1

Lately?

I've looked at it.  Well, the shell of it anyway.  :'(
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

BrianShaughnessy

Been sanding Sinnamon underneath to prep for the tinted truck bed liner.    And got a new true trac diff in the 3.23 rear.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Musicman

Started welding the drivers side pan in today, but my gas bottle ran out before it was completed  :lol:

Lord Warlock

Spent the day disassembling part of the motor.  Had taken the radiator, pulleys, ac, ps, and alternator off, took battery tray out, then when i took the valve covers off, noticed the heads had some gunk buildup in the center cavities so took the valley pan off, found water had leaked into the valley area and mixed with the oil, so dried all that out, then found oil sludge around the lifter housing areas, dug all that out and cleaned it,  Then noticed I had two head gaskets under one side of the 440,  the passenger side had two, the drivers side has one, so started taking the head apart on the passenger side, still have two nuts to remove from the exhaust manifold before i can pull the head off tomorrow.  What started out as a simple removal and repaint project has resulted in a motor torn down to the block on one side.  Not sure where it will lead.  Maybe i'll try to replace the front brake lines while i'm knee deep in engine parts. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Musicman

Quote from: Lord Warlock on November 17, 2013, 12:23:47 AM
What started out as a simple removal and repaint project has resulted in a motor torn down to the block on one side.  Not sure where it will lead. 

One thing usually leads to another  :cheers:

Well, since I won't be doing any welding for the next few days...

I fit up the passenger side pan this morning. It's all fit and ready to go, just have to do the usual weld preps and preservation before it goes down permanently.

cdr

i got to drive mine down the street, no tags , inspection or insurance but i just could not resist.   :icon_smile_big:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: cdr on November 17, 2013, 03:21:19 PM
i got to drive mine down the street, no tags , inspection or insurance but i just could not resist.   :icon_smile_big:

...all good fun, until someone loses an eye  :icon_smile_blackeye:

twenty mike mike

I thought I had the Ebooger disc brake mod already from work the PO had done, but when I tried to install new single piece rotors, my spindles were too small.   ::) So I did the spindle conversion, as well as new upper and lower ball joints and new steering arms, in 20 (or so) easy steps, but mounted the calipers on the back so I could install a Hellwig anti sway bar.

The copy of the service manual I have for the sliding calipers is not very clear regarding how the caliper O rings (that look like rubber bands) are installed, so I left them off. The lack of them doesn't seem to affect braking, but if someone has a good picture of how they are installed, please post it.

1974dodgecharger

spent 150 dollars in gas on a long weekend cruise!!!!  Now im empty again and left her near empty since I couldnt fill her back up.

Fred

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 18, 2013, 12:29:16 AM
spent 150 dollars in gas on a long weekend cruise!!!!  Now im empty again and left her near empty since I couldnt fill her back up.

That is the most tragic thing I've ever heard. It makes me tear up.  :icon_smile_big:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Fred on November 18, 2013, 01:31:22 AM
spent 150 dollars in gas on a long weekend cruise!!!!  Now im empty again and left her near empty since I couldnt fill her back up.

That is the most tragic thing I've ever heard. It makes me tear up.  :icon_smile_big:

fred,
yeah I came home near empty and parked her for a couple of hours, then tried to start her back up to put her in the garage and she had a hard time starting due to being so low.  IM gonna have to hope she makes it to the next gas station to fill back up when money comes back to me.

Musicman

Quote from: twenty mike mike on November 17, 2013, 10:19:25 PM
I did the spindle conversion, as well as new upper and lower ball joints and new steering arms

Looks great, nice job!  :cheers:

Fred

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 18, 2013, 02:13:55 AM
Quote from: Fred on November 18, 2013, 01:31:22 AM

fred,
yeah I came home near empty and parked her for a couple of hours, then tried to start her back up to put her in the garage and she had a hard time starting due to being so low.  IM gonna have to hope she makes it to the next gas station to fill back up when money comes back to me.

Why don't you surprise her and bring it to her instead.  ;D
p/s don't you wish it grew on trees?