News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Congratulations MrSnicks, even a short distance is a reward.

timmycharger

Just secured my help for the big day on Saturday, mating the dash and body for the first time in about 10 years, with any luck, Ill be sitting in the front seat making Vrrrm Vrrrm noises by February!   :cheers:

Lord Warlock

QuoteThere's a single body bolt holding the lines above the axle.  Once that is removed, all that holds the lines to the body is the clips.
Good to know, was sitting on the floor inside the trunk feeling around and think i found the bolt in question, already removed the clips. 

Just got two boxes in the mail,  I expect they'll be the plug wires and electric choke i ordered recently.  Diverted from stock on the wires, opted for Accel Armorshield wires for appearances, something I wanted to put on 30 years ago but never did, wish the ends weren't blue but yellow instead, but got what was available.  Wish i didn't have to buy a new electric choke kit, I got one with edelbrock carb, but misplaced it somewhere over the past 10 years.  Still waiting for the new distributor cap to arrive. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 02, 2014, 11:07:59 AM
A good source of cardio!

I'm having the 9' ceings reconstructed and raised in the back half of my garage to gain ceiling height so I will be able to park a car under the lift. Out of the blue, my wife suggested that I get a 2nd lift, so who am I to argue? Turning my 4 car garage into a 6 car garage is a beautiful thing.     :2thumbs:

NHCharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 02, 2014, 03:22:31 PM
A good source of cardio!

Out of the blue, my wife suggested that I get a 2nd lift, so who am I to argue?     :2thumbs:

Sweet. Does she have a sister ;)
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Lord Warlock

how high do they have to go to be able to park a car underneath>? My rafters are at 11 feet. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Bob T

Quote from: NHCharger on January 02, 2014, 05:41:55 PM
A good source of cardio!

Out of the blue, my wife suggested that I get a 2nd lift, so who am I to argue?     :2thumbs:

Sweet. Does she have a sister that likes guys with Kiwi accents  :icon_smile_big:   , there I fixed it for you Tilar

Good effort Mr Snicks, maybe put up a few pics in a thread somewhere eh
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Lord Warlock on January 02, 2014, 09:54:34 PM
how high do they have to go to be able to park a car underneath>? My rafters are at 11 feet. 

11' is tight but should work with most lifts...just unscrew the antenna mast and leave it off.

maxwellwedge

A good source of cardio!

I'm having the 9' ceings reconstructed and raised in the back half of my garage to gain ceiling height so I will be able to park a car under the lift. Out of the blue, my wife suggested that I get a 2nd lift, so who am I to argue? Turning my 4 car garage into a 6 car garage is a beautiful thing.     :2thumbs:

Isn't it cool when your wife suggests something you were probably going to do anyway?  :lol:

fy469rtse

Installed front and rear screens, and all the stainless to them and vinyl top, put car up on ramps and stands to finish under car, ready to bleed brakes also, finishing my tail shaft loop, similar to the ones you see that bolt to cross member

Fred

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 03, 2014, 08:29:22 AM
A good source of cardio!

I'm having the 9' ceings reconstructed and raised in the back half of my garage to gain ceiling height so I will be able to park a car under the lift. Out of the blue, my wife suggested that I get a 2nd lift, so who am I to argue? Turning my 4 car garage into a 6 car garage is a beautiful thing.     :2thumbs:

Isn't it cool when your wife suggests something you were probably going to do anyway?  :lol:

Yeah, means you can do the other thing you wanted to do as well.  Instead of doing two things you wanted to do...you're doing one thing you wanted to do and one thing she wants you to do. And that's fair.    :rofl:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Fred

Mytur Binsdirti

Isn't it cool when your wife suggests something you were probably going to do anyway?  :lol:

You got that right.! But between you and me, it was still her idea.  ;)

Ghoste

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 05, 2014, 08:21:52 PM

:yesnod: :2thumbs: :cheers:  So so true!

cazz

just installed hemi k member and front disk break set up. just waiting for my hotchkis tvs suspention kit should be in any day now....

Fred

Quote from: Ghoste on January 06, 2014, 06:27:11 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 05, 2014, 08:21:52 PM

:yesnod: :2thumbs: :cheers:  So so true!

Jesus! you men can be bitches.  :slap:   No offence intended.    :lol:
Mrs. Fred.

don duick

Ghoste

If you like it, it doesn't matter what we think.  You should post a pic of it though.

twenty mike mike

Since I wanted to get it done expeditiously, instead of having the car in pieces for days in my garage, I had LCA bushings, strut rod bushings and .92 torsion bars installed by my friendly local shop that has a guy who knows old Mopars. Since the PO who replaced the Leaning Tower of Power with a 440 didn't replace the .88 bars, it made a big difference.

Next up...rip out the dash harness and replace it with a new one, along with Classic Auto Air air conditioning.

Ghoste

Indulged in some personal vanity.  :icon_smile_big:

Mytur Binsdirti

A good source of cardio!

Isn't it cool when your wife suggests something you were probably going to do anyway?  :lol:

The new trusses are constructed & the ceiling's opened up. I'll end up with 11'-7" ceiling height in that area which allows a few inches of roof clearance with the lift fully extended. I've got to relocate the gas line feed this weekend & the electrician is going to rough in for the new lights next week. Then it's sheetrock, tape, skim & paint.  :2thumbs:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on January 09, 2014, 11:34:34 AM

Nice - It's amazing they let you have those.....My friend couldn't get Purple Haze (or an abbreviation of) because good 'ol Ontario thaought it had drug meaning. Didn't they give a Nun or a lady minister a hard time a couple of years ago?

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 09, 2014, 01:08:58 PM
A good source of cardio!

The new trusses are constructed & the ceiling's opened up. I'll end up with 11'-7" ceiling height in that area which allows a few inches of roof clearance with the lift fully extended. I've got to relocate the gas line feed this weekend & the electrician is going to rough in for the new lights next week. Then it's sheetrock, tape, skim & paint.  :2thumbs:

Looks like a good box job on the trusses.....nice work!

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 09, 2014, 01:59:49 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 09, 2014, 11:34:34 AM

Nice - It's amazing they let you have those.....My friend couldn't get Purple Haze (or an abbreviation of) because good 'ol Ontario thaought it had drug meaning. Didn't they give a Nun or a lady minister a hard time a couple of years ago?

I've seen STOL3N on an ontario plate before  :shruggy: , funny thing is, i think it was on a toyota tercel  :smilielol: