News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Bond

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 09, 2014, 01:08:58 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 03, 2014, 08:29:22 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 02, 2014, 03:22:31 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 02, 2014, 11:07:59 AM
A good source of cardio!

I'm having the 9' ceings reconstructed and raised in the back half of my garage to gain ceiling height so I will be able to park a car under the lift. Out of the blue, my wife suggested that I get a 2nd lift, so who am I to argue? Turning my 4 car garage into a 6 car garage is a beautiful thing.     :2thumbs:

Isn't it cool when your wife suggests something you were probably going to do anyway?  :lol:

The new trusses are constructed & the ceiling's opened up. I'll end up with 11'-7" ceiling height in that area which allows a few inches of roof clearance with the lift fully extended. I've got to relocate the gas line feed this weekend & the electrician is going to rough in for the new lights next week. Then it's sheetrock, tape, skim & paint.  :2thumbs:

Nice job, looks like room for two hoists  :2thumbs:

JamieZ

Started buttoning up the headlights (now using relays) and linear actuators (replacing the vac pods) for the front end.  Have the wiring all done and working....just need to mount the LAs (you can see them in the center)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGT-bO2kSM

ChargerD100

pulled and sold the transmission that came with it that i'm not goin to use
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

Sublime/Sixpack

Put a bottle of "Driven Carb Defender" in it's tank then took it for a short drive to get the treated fuel into the outboard carbs.  :yesnod:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

el dub

Sent my dodge to the upholstery shop yesterday for the headliner. Then this morning moved it to the glass shop for front and back windows, plus tint on the rear. Saw what a good job the headliner turned out so took my buddy seat to have it redone. Getting closer to complete.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

TPR

New Shoes!
Finally got all the necessary pieces delivered, pissed off the polished Convo's and got Magnum 500's with BFG's put on.
245's up front, 295's on the rear, sitting on 15x8's on all four. [plus a spare 245] I was a bit nervous about clearance for the disc's but all is fine.
$3000 bucks later, I couldn't be happier, the look I was after is now complete.
I'll give her a wash tomorrow, remove the blue protective coatings on the white letters and she'll be ready for the show and shine on Sunday.
TPR  ;D
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

TPR

One more closeup:
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

BrianShaughnessy

Sinnamon is on 4 wheels again after being on the twirler. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

1974dodgecharger

FCk u guys and your badass black chargers... :icon_smile_big:

I want to return mine to the paints and get it all black.

Quote from: Patronus on August 19, 2012, 07:17:17 PM
Disc brakes:
Radiator/fans/air-cleaner:
and finally some miles!

Bob T

Did Bride driving duties for my neighbor on Friday, neat day out  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JamieZ

Test mounted the Linear Actuators for the doors and figured out how to link them to the existing door hardware:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ezYbNaxHw

Made a template for the replacement mounting bracket, but need to pick up some steel to fabricate it.

Removed the OE vacuum canister and battery tray.  Bought an aftermarket battery tray and mounted my relay/circuit breaker plate to the bottom of it.

Lord Warlock

Finished cutting out the rear trunk floor today, and test fitted half of the new trunk floor metal in place.  Actually looks pretty good.  Look forward to getting both panels in and start welding panels in again.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

myk

Quote from: JamieZ on January 19, 2014, 07:45:58 PM
Test mounted the Linear Actuators for the doors and figured out how to link them to the existing door hardware:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ezYbNaxHw

Made a template for the replacement mounting bracket, but need to pick up some steel to fabricate it.

Removed the OE vacuum canister and battery tray.  Bought an aftermarket battery tray and mounted my relay/circuit breaker plate to the bottom of it.

Are you saying you installed motors to replace the vacuum system for the headlight doors?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dreamcar

Finished getting the grille restored using original parts (still a "driver", but a very nice one) and have almost finished getting my recently purchased ebay donor taillights in presentable condition. Getting the gauge cluster stripped and repainted is next.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

cdr

i had most of the parts for the air cond,& got what i was missing for christmas, SOOOO, in the middle of winter the charger now has COLD a/c.  :slap:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ghoste

Started both and let them get to operating temp and keep the good liquids in the places they need to go. ;D

Finn

Quote from: cdr on January 22, 2014, 08:12:05 AM
i had most of the parts for the air cond,& got what i was missing for christmas, SOOOO, in the middle of winter the charger now has COLD a/c.  :slap:

Any possibility of more pictures of how the lines are routed from the compressor and condenser? I'm getting ready to do mine soon. Thanks!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

cdr

Quote from: Finn on January 22, 2014, 05:17:39 PM
Quote from: cdr on January 22, 2014, 08:12:05 AM

Any possibility of more pictures of how the lines are routed from the compressor and condenser? I'm getting ready to do mine soon. Thanks!

this is my resto,  has more pics,let me know if you need help.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,90903.msg1029994.html#msg1029994
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

JamieZ

Quote from: myk on January 22, 2014, 07:16:12 AM

Are you saying you installed motors to replace the vacuum system for the headlight doors?

Yes, linear actuators replace the vacuum system.  I still have to make the brackets to mount them, but that shouldn't be too difficult once I get the materials.

All told there's maybe $100 in parts to do it.  2 Linear actuators off ebay for $50, some wire, 3 relays, 3 relay harnesses, 1 circuit breaker, 2 diodes.  Probably will put another 20-50 in the brackets depending on what type of metal I use and what's available.   Still cheaper than the $400 replacements, and it was fun to figure out.  They aren't that fast (see the video) but I can't think of a lot of cases where I need to turn my lights on rapidly.

myk

Quote from: JamieZ on January 22, 2014, 07:50:32 PM

Yes, linear actuators replace the vacuum system.  I still have to make the brackets to mount them, but that shouldn't be too difficult once I get the materials.

All told there's maybe $100 in parts to do it.  2 Linear actuators off ebay for $50, some wire, 3 relays, 3 relay harnesses, 1 circuit breaker, 2 diodes.  Probably will put another 20-50 in the brackets depending on what type of metal I use and what's available.   Still cheaper than the $400 replacements, and it was fun to figure out.  They aren't that fast (see the video) but I can't think of a lot of cases where I need to turn my lights on rapidly.

Wow, you're actually fabricating the mounting points.  I was just thinking about buying the "kit" off of ebay/online that has the motors and linkages already installed; I presume you'd still have to do some minor 'fabbing to get them in.  As for speed, it looks fast enough for me; definitely faster than the miserable vacuum system and you wouldn't have to worry about repairing leaking tin cans or inspecting 500 feet of vacuum hose to figure out where any problems are. 
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

Quote from: myk on January 22, 2014, 08:18:00 PM
Quote from: JamieZ on January 22, 2014, 07:50:32 PM

Wow, you're actually fabricating the mounting points.  I was just thinking about buying the "kit" off of ebay/online that has the motors and linkages already installed; I presume you'd still have to do some minor 'fabbing to get them in.  As for speed, it looks fast enough for me; definitely faster than the miserable vacuum system and you wouldn't have to worry about repairing leaking tin cans or inspecting 500 feet of vacuum hose to figure out where any problems are. 

Myk your vacuum operated doors should open quite a bit faster than that.  If they don't then something's wrong with the system. 

Great job on fabbing this yourself Jamie!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

69white hat

While I havent done anything lately,It's in the garage for winter, I have bought a pile of parts: Speedo and cable, turn signal cam, hood mounted signal lights and wiring, brake pedal pad, gas pedal roller wheel, amp gauge, headlight vac control for headlight switch, headlight switch, back up light harness, neutral safety switch plug, Complete HID headlight kit, alternator, steering box, Starter, complete set of door and window seals, a rebuilt heater box and all of the controls.  WHEW! Thats a lot! Can't wait to get started!!

Ghoste

Big shop, all the other stuff yours as well?

69white hat

Lol! Didn't even notice that stuff. That's where I picked the car up in Calgary when it got delivered.  All those cars are either getting worked on or waiting for pick up. Boy, a guy could dream though huh?